Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

An early look at the 2023 football season.
Bookmark and Share
Sellers dweller Offline
1st String

I Root For: EMU
RE: An early look at the 2023 football season.
(02-04-2023 07:34 AM)steve4840 Wrote:  
(02-03-2023 10:01 AM)cidbearit Wrote:  
(02-03-2023 09:49 AM)emu steve Wrote:  
(02-03-2023 09:27 AM)EdifiedVoyage6 Wrote:  
(02-03-2023 09:20 AM)cidbearit Wrote:  Nothing other than a gut feeling (and with me that's a lot of feeling), but I think Cam'Ron is the sleeper in this group who is going to arrive in the #1 position well before the season is over. Nothing against Austin...I just have a hunch about McCoy.
All I am going to say is the coaching staff doesn't have a QB1 chosen

My gut: we have multiple QBs who can run and some run like the wind. Arm strength? Accuracy?

Biggest problem is too many QBs of one style and not enough of the other style.

I prefer a stable of QBs with contrasting styles. QB1 get hurt during the game and now the opponent has to adjust to a different type of QB.

Valid point. However, if the offense schemed all week long for their opponent with QB1, and then QB2, with the same style, has to come into the game, you just keep rolling. If they have two different styles, your o-line needs to adjust, backfield needs to adjust, receivers need to adjust...that's a lot to ask of a group of guys in realtime. Ideally the offense spends time with both QB's during the week so the change is not too drastic, but the fact is QB1 generally gets 90%+ of the snaps during game-week practices, and QB2 gets the balance to keep him fresh.

It will be VERY interesting to see who outshines who and gets the starting nod next season I am very happy that we have Austin who has at least some experience going in to this season. I really liked the talent we had returning last year and I LOVE the team we have coming back this coming season. Yes, we lose Sow, Powell and Ramirez but in my opinion those were the only big contributors. We return everyone else and also gain some portal guys who can immediately contribute. The only question mark is at QB....Austin has shown he can definitely play at a high level and has also shown he needs improve the at times. McCoy it sounds like could be the wildcard and get some time. If there's 1 thing we know about CC....he loves using multiple QB's.

Question....
Offensive Line: Are we thinking this is some kind of mixture of the following.....Dooley, Howie, Mayo (transfer from WVU), Rewolinski and Dmitri?

That would be my GUESS for the starting o-line. However, the only two I would write in pen are Dooley and Howie. We've brought in a lot of talent and heard a lot of good things about the offensive linemen, so nothing would really surprise me in terms of who ends up starting other than if Dooley or Howie got beat out for a starting spot.
02-04-2023 09:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: An early look at the 2023 football season. - Sellers dweller - 02-04-2023 09:02 AM

User(s) browsing this thread:

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.