Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

An early look at the 2023 football season.
Bookmark and Share
Jerry Weaver Offline
All American

I Root For: EMU
RE: An early look at the 2023 football season.
(12-26-2022 02:31 PM)steve4840 Wrote:  
(12-25-2022 10:54 PM)EdifiedVoyage6 Wrote:  
(12-25-2022 10:03 PM)HuffyLegend Wrote:  Anyone who refers to a guy who has achieved what any of these men have achieved, as an "idiot" is unworthy of any further attention.
Not sure what happened that caused you to make it personal to that low of a level? There's a couple of names on this board that I completely ignore because their opinions are like the yapping of a Chihuahua. You just made the list.
Coach Neal was an integral part of the rise of this program over the last few years. He's no idiot.

(12-25-2022 10:23 PM)Luckeyone Wrote:  
(12-25-2022 10:03 PM)HuffyLegend Wrote:  Anyone who refers to a guy who has achieved what any of these men have achieved, as an "idiot" is unworthy of any further attention.
Not sure what happened that caused you to make it personal to that low of a level? There's a couple of names on this board that I completely ignore because their opinions are like the yapping of a Chihuahua. You just made the list.
Coach Neal was an integral part of the rise of this program over the last few years. He's no idiot.

Agree ! We should be more tactful in choosing our feelings about others on a public forum. Coach Neathery accomplished a lot at EMU and the split is most likely mutually beneficial to both parties!

Thanks Coach Neathery for helping to bring EMU to an upward ascension this past year.

I admit my wording could have been better
But what I meant was true
And BTW idiot is far from the worst term I have read on this forum

My problem with him is many things
But the thing that pushed me over the line is this year
He showed he can coach a stellar defense not in the 4-2-5 this year
But since 2018 our defense has always been the problem
Why was it a problem?
Because of the 4-2-5

When we started using the 4-2-5 we rocked the MAC and looked phenomenal
But after 2018 teams had us figured out
Instead of fixing it by changing scheme and making necessary changes, Neal chose to not fix his mistakes
We have had one of the worst defenses in the MAC since 2018 because of this choice

This year he proved he could do other things and be successful with those changes

Sorry for being brash but I don't like sugarcoating things
In the future I will try to appease everyone by toning down my thoughts

Don't tone it down. Geez some of you are soft. Edified didn't go after his family or make a threat. He called him an idiot for believing in a trash defensive scheme that wasn't going to work. The fact that CC had to step in for anything to change is what is upsetting about Neathery. I've been highly critical of him and rightfully so when we gave up 50 to Buffalo. (TJ Lang was even tweeting about the defensive scheme that it was garbage). No one is wishing ill will on the guy but c'mon, stop being so triggered.

The focus now will be to get the right man in charge to call plays on either side of the ball. We have the talent and a ton of momentum, we can really accelerate now!

We are all on the same team here for sure. I am sure that I called Neal worse names after Buffalo and NIU, but our defense did improve, and I deeply appreciate that. Time to move on.
12-26-2022 06:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: An early look at the 2023 football season. - Jerry Weaver - 12-26-2022 06:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.