Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

An early look at the 2023 football season.
Bookmark and Share
emu steve Online
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
RE: An early look at the 2023 football season.
(12-26-2022 12:19 PM)EdifiedVoyage6 Wrote:  
(12-26-2022 11:35 AM)emu79 Wrote:  
(12-25-2022 06:06 PM)EdifiedVoyage6 Wrote:  
(12-25-2022 09:40 AM)emu steve Wrote:  No one has noted that we lose our DC who made adjustments late in the season.

Lest I be wrong we had the same players the last third of the season as we did the first third. We got different coaching from our de facto OC and different schemes from our DC.

As seasoned MAC fans know, the difference between 8 - 4 and say 5 - 7 isn't much. Maybe new schemes which turned a probable 'L" into a "W".

Our DC sucked
And it wasn't him who wanted to change it
Creighton finally got sick of that stupid 4-2-5
It has handicapped us for years and Creighton finally got sick of it

If you want some evidence how stupid his defense was here you go
Jose Ramirez is an absolute BEAST
But
He didn't record a sack until week 5
Guess what happened in week 5 also?
That was the week Creighton MANDATED that our Defense be switched
This idiot was not able to get an ALL-AMERICAN a sack with his useless and crappy schemes

He is lucky Creighton was friends with him and let him finish out his contact

On another note I wanted to say something about Creighton

The biggest thing I saw this year was Creighton acting instead of standing on the sidelines
First he demanded that we switch our defense
Secondly, he realized his play calling was lackluster to say the least and handed that duty to Mike Piatkowski

He grew and thank God he did
It was the only reason we played in a bowl game

So if we are not playing the 4-2-5 anymore what defense are we playing?

I don't know what defense they will be using in the future

C.C. may not know what defense they will be using in the future.

Fans one week after the last season ended come up with a ton of questions (e.g., can we beat TOL next year? what defense?, etc.) and we don't know lineups (transfers come and go), spring ball is months ahead, spring and fall injuries will happen, etc.

We see this in politics, economics, stock market, etc. Folks want to make long range (say 6 - 12 months for economics and the stock market, and say 1 - 2 years in politics) and those predictions are terribly unreliable. This is how the pros missed S&P in 2022. Half were predicting S&P 500 at say 5,000+. As this Tweet indicates it was 3,800 last week. Like being wrong by more than 20%. UGH!!! When inflation started to rise and the Fed started raising interest rates, things went to hell. https://twitter.com/BobPisani/status/160...Q_fMohBI0g

This thread is VERY HELPFUL as it sets a BASELINE for us to work from.

From this 'baseline' we will add players. We will lose players (thru transfer, injury, etc.). Based on those additions and deletions we can modify what is in this thread.

I would also like to suggest that C.C. needs to know who else may transfer before he completes his 2023 class in February. So far our losses have not been problematic.
(This post was last modified: 12-26-2022 01:27 PM by emu steve.)
12-26-2022 12:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: An early look at the 2023 football season. - emu steve - 12-26-2022 12:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.