Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Toledo MAC Losses Since 2017 MACC
Bookmark and Share
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
RE: Toledo MAC Losses Since 2017 MACC
(11-19-2022 04:03 PM)RocketJeff Wrote:  
(11-18-2022 03:47 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  Sadly thats best in the MAC though... Listen to Holy Bovine. Better than losing to UB by 20 at home, NIU at home by 29, and Toledo at home with the backup QB. Thats the next best team on our side.

Things cycle. MAC football was bad in the 80's, got good to very good during the next two decades, and is now back to suck. Seven years - and Candle's system is peaking. If we had Candle back in the 90's there's no way we'd have a winning record. You were here when we used to get ranked in the Top 25. Sure, we always crapped down our leg as soon as we broke the Top 20 but we were getting national recognition.

"You were here when we used to beat P5 Schools. You were here when we beat Top 25 schools. Please stop lowering your expectations."

This is the MAIN reason fans think like you. We all remember moments. Moments that happened once or twice a season...

Campbell had UC x2, ISU x2, Missouri x2, Florida, and Arkansas in 4 seasons.

In 7 seasons Candle has had Kentucky, ND, and Ohio State. THATS IT. WE DONT BEAT P5s BECAUSE MOB DIDNT SCHEDULE ANY!!!

I was on the field when Campbel lost to a Florida team who lost to FCS Georgia Southern. He lost to a 4 win ISU team. He started off 41-0 to Cincy on the road. Obviously we capitalized with some very good games, but even HE couldnt win the MAC West.

We think in moments and Candles MOB schedule with SDSUs, BYU's, CSUs and Fresno States wouldnt move the needle even if we won em all.

My expectations are win the MAC, and in that season after I re up them to be competitive with the top G5 dudes. We havent won the MAC since Woodside played all 14 games in a season. No QB has been healthy since. That position matters when we recruit adjacent with the conference.

We pay our guy 86th in the country. MY Expectations are based in reality with an AAC who outspends the sh!t out of us. 86th head coach cant play top 25 ball with any regularity. If you do, your coach is gone. UCF just lost to Navy today. The G5 rep may have 2 losses. Find the greener grass. Its on another continent. Maybe in Savage Arena hopefully.
(This post was last modified: 11-19-2022 05:08 PM by UofToledoFans.)
11-19-2022 05:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Toledo MAC Losses Since 2017 MACC - UofToledoFans - 11-19-2022 05:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.