Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2022-23 Football Coaching Carousel
markbrindley Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Rice
2022-23 Football Coaching Carousel
(12-21-2022 01:04 PM)Hambone10 Wrote:  
(12-21-2022 12:46 PM)Ourland Wrote:  We'd be best served by convincing a bunch of other G5 conferences to break away from the NCAA in football, and start our own league, even if it's only a few schools at first. We can still play Texas and LSU, but we have our own tournament for our own national championship.

Actually I think we should take the NCAA with us. It is, afterall... the National COLLEGIATE Athletic Association... and is 100% rooted in AMATEUR athletics.

These guys are no longer Amateurs. They are LITERALLY paid professionals.

The idea that they are being paid for their NIL and not their athletic abilities and performance is like the idea that a meth addicted hooker is paid for their looks.

NIL regulation has to happen and soon. Beyond that, I’m not sure I agree with everyone here. The NCAA and some universities make ungodly amounts of money by exploiting these athletes. And, coaches can leave without punishment and do in a regular basis. The system is broken, but the transfer portal and player compensation can be a positive if done right. Today’s version is NOT right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
12-21-2022 01:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
2022-23 Football Coaching Carousel - markbrindley - 12-21-2022 01:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.