Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2022-23 Football Coaching Carousel
GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

I Root For: New Horizons
RE: 2022-23 Football Coaching Carousel
(12-05-2022 12:08 AM)Tomball Owl Wrote:  
(12-04-2022 09:37 PM)GoodOwl Wrote:  Hear me now and understand me later:

Seth Littrell just FIRED from North Texas. Recall two weekends ago when North Texas beat Rice on the road at Apogee Stadium to finish their regular season with a 7-5 record (the opposite of Rice's failing record.) But get this, Littrell has led North Texas to bowl games in six of Littrell's seven seasons, and their now-former Head Coach also reached two C-USA championship games, including this year's CUSA Championship where they lost to UTSA. Littrell inherited a 1-11 team that was blown out by FCS Portland State in the year prior to his first season but North Texas won the C-USA West Division in Littrell's second season in Denton. North Texas went on a stretch of 10-1 in C-USA play over the course of the 2021-22 seasons.

Overall his record at North Texas was 44-44 (.500 for those math-challenged graduates, which is far more than the "successful" Bloom's record). In every metric Littrell seems a far better Head Coach and North Texas had far more success under him in the same CUSA that Rice occupies the basement area in. Yet North Texas decided that the needle wasn't moving enough and pulled the plug on Littrell instead of waiting around and rationalizing their current situation in football. North Texas will play in the Frisco Bowl against Boise State on Dec. 17th with an interim coach. North Texas is set to join the American along with six other C-USA schools, and will now do so with a new coach and a new AD. Wren Baker left for the athletics director job at West Virginia late last week, and at present it's unclear who will get the job and who will make the hire to replace Littrell. That's the way you do it!

UNT’s win over Rice was in Apogee Stadium in Denton, not HRS.

me typeee too fast. my bad. thx.
12-05-2022 12:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2022-23 Football Coaching Carousel - GoodOwl - 12-05-2022 12:29 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.