Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2022-23 Football Coaching Carousel
Owlman49 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Rice U
RE: 2022-23 Football Coaching Carousel
(12-02-2022 02:42 PM)Ourland Wrote:  I don't know of any ex-players who have all of the qualities listed above, and who are actually in coaching, but there has to be someone out there with most of them, even if they aren't acquainted with the university. As difficult as it would be to find this person, it would be impossible to get him to stick around for more then four years if he were successful. Rice isn't a destination. It's a stepping stone.

The "stepping stone" view is held by most coaches who have been brought here who have not put their blood, sweat and tears on the Rice turf and classroom. That view from outsiders is completely understandable. Thus, the need to have a Rice guy in the mix. There are a few out there that have playing and coaching coaching experience at the High School, NCAA, European American Football League and NFL levels to various degrees. I don't know all of them but I know a few. It would be hard for me to believe that any of them would see this place as a stepping stone. Look, if Trent Dilfer can take over UAB then we can think outside the box. To borrow a phrase, "What the hell do you have to lose?" Right now, right here, nothing!
12-02-2022 05:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2022-23 Football Coaching Carousel - Owlman49 - 12-02-2022 05:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.