Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Dodd: Big Ten interest in additional Pac-12 teams has cooled, Big 12 positioned well
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
RE: Dodd: Big Ten interest in additional Pac-12 teams has cooled, Big 12 positioned well
(08-04-2022 01:07 PM)SoCalBobcat78 Wrote:  
(08-04-2022 10:57 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  
(08-03-2022 05:31 PM)SoCalBobcat78 Wrote:  https://www.johncanzano.com/p/canzano-th...ingIn=true
From John Canzano (The Oregonian):
The ADs I spoke with said they haven’t seen any potential revenue numbers yet.
Said one AD, “The dialogue, candor, and environment have been positive. Everyone is moving in the same direction.”
Are there still threats out there?
Sure.
Said the AD: “It’s a singular threat — the Big Ten and the Big Ten only. That’s it. The Big 12 threat is laughable.”

I floated that Oregon-Washington-Stanford question to a current Big Ten Conference athletic director, who waved it off. "I think Stanford might be interesting to our conference presidents just because of the academic piece,” he said, “but unless Notre Dame is coming in too, I don’t think further expansion happens in this cycle.”

Camzano has unnamed sources for quotes in every propaganda piece he churns out. Every single time.

First, the guy is one of the top sports journalists in the country. He is a 12-time Associated Press Sports Editors (APSE) award winner. He's won APSE awards in four different writing categories (column, investigative reporting, enterprise and projects). Secondly, if you want to believe that it is a "propaganda piece" then you are not going to believe anything he says. He was at the Pac-12 Media Day last Friday and had multiple interviews with Pac-12 officials on the record, including Pac-12 Commissioner George Kliavkoff.

Guys like Jason Scheer are not sitting down for interviews with the Commissioner, they are not at the Pac-12 Media Day, they are not award winning journalists and they only work with unnamed sources. I think I will trust Canzano over Scheer.

He's become a joke. He's the new Mhver

He posts quotes from unnamed sources.. that's how he reports most of this. He could be making everything up. Hard to tell when it's all "I've been told by a current PAC AD...."

It's utterly worthless journalism in the guise of twitter clickbait to drive up his numbers on his own personal news website endeavor.
(This post was last modified: 08-04-2022 01:14 PM by rath v2.0.)
08-04-2022 01:12 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dodd: Big Ten interest in additional Pac-12 teams has cooled, Big 12 positioned well - rath v2.0 - 08-04-2022 01:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.