Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Sun Belt Media Day Future Expansion
WKUApollo Offline

I Root For: WKU Hilltoppers
RE: Sun Belt Media Day Future Expansion
(07-30-2022 04:54 PM)PeteTheChop Wrote:  
(07-30-2022 08:23 AM)WKUApollo Wrote:  Basketball is important, whether football-only fans agree or disagree.

Would WKU accept if the Sun Belt sent an invitation today?

I have no idea what our administration would do. I'm just a fan and don't know the dollars behind these things and all the other factors involved.

It's my understanding that last Fall after the AAC took 6 from CUSA that WKU gave a presentation to the SBC seeking an invite because at the time it looked like CUSA was going to fold and we had no other options. I've heard from SBC fans that WKU did not have the votes because of animosity from SBC West schools due to the fact WKU left the SBC after 2013. Would our admin reject overtures now because of that snub... I have no idea.

As for me, I have no desire for WKU to return to the SBC. Altho that conference says they're going to work on improving their basketball, they've been saying that for 9 nine years and are no better now than they were. In addition, I think they are far too big for the G5. 16 schools may work in the P5 but I can't see it ever working in the G5 should the SBc decide to add two more. There's virtually no chance for an autobid to the NCAA Tourney....way too many bad basketball teams which would destroy everyone's NET rating. I also feel their football is going to decline with 14 members now. They're bottom heavy.

With all that said, I'm just a fan so what do I know? Regardless, if WKU did return to the SBC I'd support the move and respect our administration wisdom in doing what they felt was best for WKU.

Thats probably far more than you were asking for.
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2022 06:18 PM by WKUApollo.)
07-30-2022 06:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sun Belt Media Day Future Expansion - WKUApollo - 07-30-2022 06:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.