Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Tiger Nation: Time to step up with $$ and support
Bookmark and Share
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
RE: Tiger Nation: Time to step up with $$ and support
(06-28-2022 06:37 PM)bigbob Wrote:  I’ve been a Tiger fan since following the Tigers in the 1957 NIT; the refs robbed us and I still don’t like Bradley’s Bobby Joe Mason

I have 2 degrees and have been a season ticket holder since 1971

We have come a LONG WAY

The “lift” from getting from there to a Top 35 football and basketball programs was a lot tougher and longer than the “lift” before is to get P5 recognition; we are also an R1 research institution and a USNWR Tier One academic university

So what’s needed now? Let’s start with showing the determination we showed getting here

And here is the key part: We have 165,000 alumni (Ole Miss has 91,000) that have never mobilized to make the financial commitments needed to match our corporate support

Right now, the key is the 901 NIL Fund; successful fundraising will be reported in about 60 days BUT we need to match some P5 $$ levels; we can’t depend on “everyone” or “someone” to step up if each of us isn’t doing our part; we need $10 Million annually for our 100+ athletes to eventually reach an average of $100,000 per athlete

If that sounds like a lot, it ain’t and, for example, The Ohio State U coach says he needs $13 Million annually to maintain his current roster quality

If each of us makes a commitment, we will ALL make a difference

AND….as the 901 Fund raises money to purchase the NIL rights from players, those rights will be contributed to 901 charities (Youth Villages, Methodist LeBonheur, St Jude we hope, and many others) which we believe all 901 donations will be tax deductible

You’ll hear more soon; so let’s be proactive; Google 901 Fund, and start writing checks or making digital donations online

What EACH/ALL of us may contribute will be the key to making The U of M what it should AND CAN BE

GO TIGERS

03-lmfao

nope. i guess its over for many of us.

thanks for the memories.
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2022 01:22 PM by shere khan.)
06-29-2022 01:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tiger Nation: Time to step up with $$ and support - shere khan - 06-29-2022 01:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.