Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Any other season ticket holders not renewing because of ‘fan-friendly’ pricing?
Bookmark and Share
FairwayEagle Offline
1st String

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: Any other season ticket holders not renewing because of ‘fan-friendly’ pricing?
(04-14-2022 03:18 PM)joeye04 Wrote:  
(04-14-2022 01:58 PM)GaryinGA Wrote:  
(04-14-2022 10:09 AM)joeye04 Wrote:  
(04-14-2022 09:32 AM)FairwayEagle Wrote:  All the change is doing is putting an equal price-per-ticket paid on each seat compared to others in any given section. Next time someone complains about "raising the price" of tickets, as them if everyone in their group that is going to be "gouged" is an EC member. I saw someone say somewhere (maybe FB) that their whole group of 10 will not be renewing. If all 10 are EC members and buying their own tickets through the school, there wouldn't be any "price increase". You have one or two EC memberships supporting 10 tickets. Now it will be 10 EC memberships supporting 10 tickets.

Also, McClain said that 57% of ticketholders could actually pay less for the same seats. Those are the ones who haven't been gaming the system.

I have three kids, so premium seats were never in the cards for me. And that’s fine. There are still plenty of seats available without EC membership requirements. People need to understand if you want to get those better seats it’s going to cost more. Especially for a lot of tickets. I think we need more Eagle Club members. They need to market that a lot better. Give us more perks to sign up and stay. And more reasonable points rewards than just a hat.

One possible thing they could do if they wanted to get away from the per seat policy would be to limit how many season tickets you could get for certain donation levels. Carolina does something like that with the Rams club. You can buy as many season tickets as you want. But if you want all of them together in the premium sections, you have to have a certain level of donation. $200 guarantees you four tickets, $500 10 or whatever the numbers need to be. Would limit those who donate $200 to get into the section and then buy up 20 tickets.

My only complaint is that the numbers change depending on who is taking the money. I call Ben in the ticket office to renew my season tickets and he charged me $2100 plus. The next day I got a letter in the mail on my renewal. That bill was $200 less for the same ticket. Somehow calling and renewing over the phone cost more.

They need to make it simple. Write a brochure with examples. They’ve announced it and said it’s going to save a lot of folks money. Well, break down how it works. If Joe Eagle wants to buy four tickets in section F for football and four chairback seats for baseball, how much does he have to donate and pay for those tickets? When are the donations due? What are our donation options? Can we spread the cost out over several months, or even set up a monthly debit? A brochure like that would go a long way to helping a lot of the blowback.

I don't know how much more simple "if you have X seats, you owe X per seat" can get.
04-14-2022 04:34 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any other season ticket holders not renewing because of ‘fan-friendly’ pricing? - FairwayEagle - 04-14-2022 04:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.