Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
Undergraduate Student Declines
(04-10-2022 02:02 PM)HawaiiToNIU Wrote:  
(04-10-2022 01:14 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  
(04-10-2022 11:58 AM)Schaefer Beer Wrote:  
(04-10-2022 11:48 AM)HawaiiToNIU Wrote:  
(04-10-2022 11:13 AM)Schaefer Beer Wrote:  You piqued my interest and on looked for cost for credit hours at a major university if you attended on campus or online and they virtually are the same.

Do major Universities accept online core courses from University of Phoenix or Upper Central South New Jersey State( The Fighting Toxins) if you transferred?

If they are drinking less are herbal refreshments on the rise?

Maybe tuition is the same, but you could also just live at your parents house for free and avoid room & board. I hate to hate on the younger generation, but they seem like the type to be coddled and desire to stay within the safe confines of their home.

And miss out on that fantastic dorm cafeteria food? They don't know what they are missing!

When I was at NIU many years ago, the food in the NIU dorms was excellent and rated very high nationally. And the food at the Plaza was a lot better than the dorms. It was very easy to gain weight. I still think about the great Plaza food often.

Is this a joke or are you serious? In my time, the food was okay, but not great.

Dogpound deli for sub sandwiches. Not quite Subway, but pretty good

Stevenson had options. I was there post remodel, it was like a food court with tons of options.

Grant Hall had Sunday Brunch. It was like an all you can eat Denny's in there. Made to order omelets and other great dishes to make you forget the horrors if drinking the nights before. The also had random good dinners on weekdays. Like STEAK DINNER.

Everything else was just basic. Better than hospital food, but I wouldn't go out of my way for it.

I enjoyed the food in the dorms. The Plaza food was outstanding. For Thursday dinner (maybe it was once a month), we had an outstanding dinner, such as steak or some exotic dish, served with nice tablecloths and candles on the tables. For lunch, they often served a cheeseburger covered with a sharp cheddar cheese sauce that was to die for. I’d give $50 for one of those now! Desserts were also great. There was a guy on my floor who gained 30 pounds during the year.
04-10-2022 02:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Undergraduate Student Declines - epasnoopy - 04-09-2022, 07:21 AM
Undergraduate Student Declines - Dog Fan - 04-10-2022, 01:14 PM
Undergraduate Student Declines - Dog Fan - 04-10-2022 02:30 PM
RE: Undergraduate Student Declines - niu16 - 04-12-2022, 09:48 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.