Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Should Texas State Stay East (Sunbelt) or Look to The West (MWC)?
Bookmark and Share
Bobcat2013 Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas State
RE: Should Texas State Stay East (Sunbelt) or Look to The West (MWC)?
(04-26-2022 07:01 AM)chuckk3 Wrote:  
(04-25-2022 02:10 PM)Bobcat2013 Wrote:  
(04-25-2022 01:57 PM)ChrisLords Wrote:  
(04-24-2022 09:53 PM)Side.Show.Joe Wrote:  
(04-24-2022 09:49 PM)DoubleRSU Wrote:  And what schools west of the Mississippi should the SBC have invited?

LA Tech would have been a solid addition. Much better than Southern Miss.

Historically USM is way better if not currently. Plus doesn't the SBC have 2 Louisiana schools in their conference already and didn't have one in Mississippi? USM seems like a no-brainer for the SBC over LA Tech.

They are a no brainer. Especially considering La Tech has antagonized the Sun Belt and ULM in the past. As a Texas State fan I have no qualms with La Tech though. I think they'd be a great add, but if I had to choose I'd go with USM.

You know, when I see a Texas State fan make a statement like this...03-banghead

I will assume you weren't around in 2012 or maybe just don't remember how TXST even became an FBS school? If I were a Texas State fan I'd be so vocally supportive of Louisiana Tech in any capacity, I'd make you sick. Why? Because LaTech extended a hand to my school when we needed it, and I don't forget that stuff.

I sincerely hope the leadership of your university has a longer memory than apparently a few of its fans.

I remember vividly. Our game with yall that year was a classic, but our game vs USM in 2015 drew almost 28k so that's why I'm more excited about USM. Might not be a fair comparison but that's my take.

Also, let's be real, it's not like y'all altruistically chose to shine your light upon TXST and elevate us. The WAC was desperate for members and we wanted in.
04-26-2022 07:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should Texas State Stay East (Sunbelt) or Look to The West (MWC)? - Bobcat2013 - 04-26-2022 07:51 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.