tpaw09 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Probably Time to Consider a New Head FB Coach
(11-21-2021 12:43 PM)cscottl1981 Wrote:  
(11-21-2021 11:42 AM)tpaw09 Wrote:  
(11-21-2021 11:11 AM)MemphisFootballFan Wrote:  
(11-21-2021 10:45 AM)bluebacker Wrote:  
(11-21-2021 05:52 AM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  I agree with that wholeheartedly. In any case, and COVID aside, you just don't fire a coach after two years unless their failure is as epic as Porter's.

Usually not but sometimes you need to. Look at the trends. Use your eyes and look at what is happening on the field.

Look at the the games White bailed him out of last year. Look at how this team is losing games this year. Look at 2-6 the last 8 games......

Look at his resume compared to Fuente's and Norvell's when they were hired.

Why stick with a questionable decision just because of a rule of thumb?

Nobody has a crystal ball but decisions have to be made based on the information available.

I see a lot of folks on board with changing the OC, the DC, and ST coaches. Who do think hired all of them?

Mike Norvell hired Kevin Johns and I think he is the best of the three and the only one that doesn’t need to be replaced next year.

Special teams coach needs to go but the defense statistical is better than any norvell coached team

At this level we probably won’t be strong on both sides of the ball. With Norvell we were awesome at offense, but our defense gave up a lot. We at least turned people over though.

For better results, we need at least 2 of the following. Improvement in all 3 would be great.

1. Better offense (we’ve lost at least a step or 2).
2. Improved defense.
3. Acceptable special teams are a must.

The question is, do we have the coaches and personnel to get the job done? It will be interesting to see the moves that are made in the off-season. You’d think the special teams coach is out.

I think it will with a year experience from Hennigan. He has improved a lot from the start of the season.we need help on the line ,I think we lose one starter and we are starting a 3rd string lineman bc of injuries.
11-21-2021 01:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Probably Time to Consider a New Head FB Coach - tpaw09 - 11-21-2021 01:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.