Heisman

I Root For: UN CW
RE: 2022 Coach Siddle Call in Show
(12-14-2021 06:10 AM)70shawk Wrote:  
(12-13-2021 09:31 PM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  
(12-13-2021 07:12 PM)solohawks Wrote:  12/13/2021
https://fb.watch/9TCKtRI02C/

Thanks for posting proof of that ridiculousness

It sounded like he plans to stick with Jaylen Sims at point guard. That and "tweak some things".

Also he said he was sure the shots were going to start falling , in part due to better shot selection. (I would note that we are #318 in free throw shooting - not so much better than our #347 in field goals overall - so I'm questioning the extent to which shot selection is the problem).

At the end , Mike V asked him about more fluid movement like we had seen glimpses of in some games and Coach didn't comment on that but instead responded with comments about our better shot selection, saying he was highly confident they were going to start falling.

I guess my question remains, when Coach says 'this thing won't start clicking right away, it's going to take some time', what is 'this thing'?

One could be forgiven for thinking ( having just watched that show) that Coach is more or less satisfied with our sets - with Jaylen Sims running the point - and the plan is to keep doing what we have been doing (with some 'tweaks') until the shots inevitably start falling.

Whatever "this thing" is, it had better start clicking immediately or the season will be over and we'll be at the bottom of the CAA. It's December 14th and our first conference games are December 29th and December 31st.(Delaware/Drexel) at home and Jan. 3rd and Jan 5th(Hofstra/NU) away. Unless things start clicking immediately, we could easily be 0-4 in the CAA before the students are back in school. Right now we will be underdogs in every game except maybe William and Mary and Elon.

That's why I hate seeing Mt. Olive on the schedule right now. It's a useless game that will likely give us false confidence if we win with this stupid experiment of Sims at PG, then we will get humbled by Campbell and maybe even High Point before we figure out "this thing" isn't going to click and have to then start over again during conference play. I'm sorry, but I just haven't seen the positive takeways from the Sims at PG experiment that are leading the coaching staff to believe it's going to click and magically the shots will just start falling. Not to mention this experiment keeps Phillips on the bench for over half the game and he barely gets any shots. If that doesn't change, I seriously hope he transfers out. He's too good a player to sit the bench while we feature a PG who can't shoot and doesn't pass.
12-14-2021 06:41 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
2022 Coach Siddle Call in Show - solohawks - 11-01-2021, 08:50 AM
2022 Coach Siddle Call in Show - B_Hawk06 - 11-30-2021, 04:45 PM
RE: 2022 Coach Siddle Call in Show - 82hawk - 12-14-2021 06:41 AM
2022 Coach Siddle Call in Show - B_Hawk06 - 12-20-2021, 08:46 PM
2022 Coach Siddle Call in Show - B_Hawk06 - 02-21-2022, 10:25 AM
2022 Coach Siddle Call in Show - B_Hawk06 - 02-21-2022, 10:33 AM
2022 Coach Siddle Call in Show - B_Hawk06 - 02-21-2022, 10:39 AM
2022 Coach Siddle Call in Show - B_Hawk06 - 02-21-2022, 11:37 AM
2022 Coach Siddle Call in Show - B_Hawk06 - 02-21-2022, 12:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.