Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Which conference is most enjoying watching realignment drama?
TroyTBoy Offline
1st String

I Root For: Troy The Boy
RE: Which conference is most enjoying watching realignment drama?
(10-13-2021 12:10 PM)Michael in Raleigh Wrote:  The Big East can enjoy whatever it wants to enjoy.

I'm glad you cleared that up. I thought this had more to do with retaining "Big 6" or "P5" status.
The Big 12 is actually surviving in the power structure on the remnants of the OBE. All of the new members are highly credible additions within the power structure. The ability to bring in additions that are nationally known and have experience in the power system was BIG.
The realignment has kept their status as the #3 rated Football Conference and #1 rated Hoops conference in tact, while retaining autonomy status.

(10-13-2021 12:10 PM)Michael in Raleigh Wrote:  The Big 12 retained autonomy status, but it just got its but whooped and is going to take a massive pay cut. Things could be worse, but they sure were a lot better before. How is that enjoyable?

We disagree on this. My opinion is the Big 12 just left totalitarian governance and is now a whole (at 12) democratic group. They brought in programs that were on the outside through no fault of their own, but rather were left undervalued by the winds of realignment change.

That was actually a fortuitous circumstance of this. The fact that the Old Big East died so the Big 12 could live with solid additions. (one of which is being forecasted as a CFP participant) You couldn't write a smoother transition.

As for payout projections, that will all take place with everyone elses. Stressing over that now is a waste of energy. Who knows what it looks like if Cincinnati runs the table? That's the fun of college sports. It's an ever changing environment.
10-13-2021 12:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which conference is most enjoying watching realignment drama? - TroyTBoy - 10-13-2021 12:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.