Usajags Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
RE: Breaking: Letter sent from CUSA TO AAC Released
(10-12-2021 04:41 PM)ericsaid Wrote:  
(10-12-2021 04:16 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(10-12-2021 04:10 PM)ericsaid Wrote:  
(10-12-2021 04:09 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(10-12-2021 03:39 PM)Dirty Myrtle Wrote:  So while CUSA and AAC are talking about working together to possibly strengthen their positions, what is our leadership doing exactly? Presumably nothing?

Hopefully not writing a letter begging someone else to work with us.

Many things are happening. Relax, enjoy the day.

You sound at ease with something. What is it?

Is USM coming to the Sun Belt? Did Marshall officially tell the AAC no? Are App, Marshall, Arkansas State, and Louisiana going to the AAC?

You've got something.

No one is leaving the Sun Belt as of now. There would need to be considerable changes to what the AAC presently wants to make that happen

You know the concept of a Hail Mary? I wonder how long before it gets knocked to the ground?

So what do they want, exactly? Obviously markets with good football and basketball. You would think branding would matter as the streaming model takes hold.

I'm not convinced that the streaming model looks like what people are thinking it will in its final form either. If ESPN adds a streaming only option (which ESPN+ may allow, not sure) where you pay for the service and get all channels, you're not going to get streamers for specific programs as Judy seems to believe. There is going to be a mass of subscribers who have available a ton of content for programs in contract with ESPN, rather than paying to view specific programs content.

I will gladly pay the $7 a month, or whatever it is, to watch or not watch. Can’t tell you how long it’s been since I went to the Disney app, yet I still pay for it. However, I don’t see myself paying $1 to watch a single event. Mostly because I tune in and out a lot. I don’t want cheap pay-per-view, just let me pay my monthly fee for all of it.
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2021 04:44 PM by Usajags.)
10-12-2021 04:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Breaking: Letter sent from CUSA TO AAC Released - Usajags - 10-12-2021 04:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.