ericsrevenge76 Away
Jesus is coming soon

I Root For: The Kingdom
RE: Sometimes we forget the private lives NTR
(10-14-2021 05:42 AM)Tigerx3 Wrote:  
(10-14-2021 12:37 AM)ericsrevenge76 Wrote:  
(10-14-2021 12:03 AM)hsvtiger Wrote:  
(10-13-2021 07:05 PM)Tigerx3 Wrote:  
(10-12-2021 03:51 PM)geosnooker2000 Wrote:  Assuming yours is a serious question, I will answer. I really mean it, the dude can write. He is excellent. But he thinks half the population (or more), including me, is utterly STUPID simply because we disagree with his point of view on a bunch of political issues I don't tune into sports-talk radio to hear about anyway. And his attitude about it is just so elitist, it is sickening. He refuses to take calls on his radio show about any of it, because he knows he can't portray us as "hayseeds" if we are actually allowed to speak and debate him.

But he did just lose his mom. I don't want him to be harmed in any way. I just want him to get a big-o pant-load, and have to walk like a penguin back to the bathroom and call home to his wife to bring him some fresh pants.

Besides disagreeing with your characterization it amazes me that you can write some so full of hatred. He actually is often very humble. He often admits what he doesn’t know and has discussions. I don’t see elitism, thinking the audience is stupid or hayseeds. He often talks about his failings and limitations.

Frankly, many shows don’t take calls now unless it’s something like 10 in a row. I will agree the quality of sports radio and all media has dropped.

Isn’t he divorced?

You take his profession much too serious. Just don’t read him or listen to him. Apparently listening to him is causing you great distress. It’s not healthy.

I agree. Calkins is thoughtful, intelligent, and caring. Anyone who has an issue with him needs to look in the mirror

The man is highly political and arrogant about his politics and views and very condescending to half the population that dares disagree with him.

Whether you want to admit that or not it is a plain fact.

People who take issue with him and his condescending words and views are fully justified.

When I read the politically charged, opinionated posts on this board it is full of people who are highly political, arrogant about their politics and range from condescending to angry, abusive, attack mongers who insert polarizing comments in threads constantly and at vastly inappropriate times. This thread is an example of that.

Instead of reading his article about his mother as an expression of love and loss, a beautifully written piece in my opinion, a few people chose to take the opportunity to attack the son and author and turn into the something ugly.

I foolish attempted to share something I thought should be something we can all identify with whether we liked or agreed with anything else he might be or say. Anonymous people hiding behind made up names feel entitled to lose their civil restraints. Plain facts? No, I think just plain opinions.

With all due respect you might want to turn down the drama queen act just a tad here. You put it on pretty thick with this one.

The man is very polarizing, highly political and very condescending in his articles and particularity on his program. There is nothing wrong with point that out. If he can dish it out at the level he likes to dish it out, he can take the incredibly tame comments made in this thread.

No one is saying anything negative about the unfortunate passing of his mother, and no one is celebrating that sad event.
(This post was last modified: 10-14-2021 06:09 AM by ericsrevenge76.)
10-14-2021 05:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sometimes we forget the private lives NTR - ericsrevenge76 - 10-14-2021 05:57 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.