hooverblazer Offline
Promoter of UAB

I Root For: UAB
RE: ***GAME THREAD*** UAB vs Liberty
(10-05-2021 10:38 AM)The Answer UAB Wrote:  
(10-05-2021 10:02 AM)HiddenDragon Wrote:  
(10-05-2021 08:58 AM)kdblazer Wrote:  
(10-05-2021 06:01 AM)HiddenDragon Wrote:  
(10-04-2021 09:53 PM)kdblazer Wrote:  Well damn HD I'm not the one to answer the questions...I'm just giving the board my perspective03-cool

You're telling the board nothing to see here and move on. Some folks are getting tired of the same type of performances against good teams and hope it gets addressed next season.

We get the perspective thing but perspective ain't fixin' da'problem sir!
No matter what you or I put on this fan board, it won't change anything related to the play on the field. Games are won and lost but we shouldn't freak and run for the hills every time we have a subpar performance. I just saw a post that stated we had 8 defensive players out Saturday night....ouch. We should try to keep things in perspective for each game.

And fans that get upset about the team's lack of performance does not constitutes people are freaking out and running for the hills. That's what fans do on a fan board, gives props when it is due, criticize when it warranted.

Fans also makes excuses for losing, valid or not like you are doing. Nothing wrong with that either. You are entitled to make excuses like others are allowed to criticize.

That is what you should keep in perspective.

Go Blazers!

One Hunnid!

Our fans on here seem to fall into two buckets. Overly positive people who shrug off anything negative that happens, and those that "freak out." I think both groups have very valid perspectives.

Yes - there were very valid reasons why we lost Saturday and it may not have actually been as bad as it looked when you factor those things in. On the contrary, Saturday fits into a bigger picture and pattern that hasn't been addressed in the slightest under HCBC. Both sides have good points - we probably aren't as bad as we looked Saturday, but the program has also clearly established it's ceiling on the field in it's current format.

I really think some of our fans would be totally fine with never being better than we are now, and a lot of us want to strive for more. It does not appear from the outside that we are striving to be better on the field. The problems that need to be addressed are mind numbingly obvious.

I think we were getting close to or at our ceiling at Legion Field. The new stadium will raise that ceiling a good bit, but it will take some time to see the impact of it.
10-05-2021 10:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ***GAME THREAD*** UAB vs Liberty - ICB - 10-02-2021, 10:18 PM
RE: ***GAME THREAD*** UAB vs Liberty - hooverblazer - 10-05-2021 10:53 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.