Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

***GAME THREAD*** UAB vs Liberty
BlazinBham Offline
Banned

I Root For: UAB
RE: ***GAME THREAD*** UAB vs Liberty
(10-03-2021 03:46 PM)BlazerGreen Wrote:  
(10-03-2021 03:32 PM)Grammar-Nazi Wrote:  
(10-03-2021 01:46 AM)BlazinBham Wrote:  We can’t and shouldn’t claim to be in the same league as the best of the G5.

We are 7-6 in G5 noncon games, includes bowls.

Wins: South Alabamax2, Tulanex2, Coastal, Akron, Northern Illinois
Losses: Ball State, Ohio, Coastal, App State, Louisiana, Liberty

In wins, we win on avg 33.4-16.2
In losses, we are outscored 38.3-18.3

How many teams had or finished with a winning record, that we beat?
1 of 7 opponents

How many teams had or finished with a winning record in games we lost?
5 of 6 opponents

Despite going 7-6, we are being outscored on average, 27.25-25.85

Average score vs teams w/ winning record(5 games), we are outscored 29-18
Average score vs teams w/ losing record(8 games), we win 31.5-24.8

Assuming my math isn’t off.

When people start fretting again at the end of the season, “Is this the year a P5 school hires Clark away from us,” point them to this post and say, “This is why no one else has hired him so far.”

Clark has been great for us in so many ways, but in terms of metrics that would make a P5 program pay him to leave? Not so much.

We're now leaving the "Bid for National Relevance" segment of the schedule and entering the "Conference Games Are All That Matter" period. We have several tough games left so I hope we make it back to the "Clark To The P5" zone this season.

And I don’t want people to misinterpret my intentions when I or we expose this stuff. We all love coach Clark to death and are very appreciative of what he’s done here and meant for our program. Clark still does not have a signature win. A win where we can say, “man, that was one damn fine team we beat today”. Not one.

All many of us ask for, is for Clark to make some staff changes, fix his offense, and fix the penalty issues. Recruiting will take care of itself if you play a style that legitimate athletes can flourish in. It’s just like hoops.

In how many of the games that we’ve played a strong G5 has Clark said, “they knew everything we were doing on offense and adjusted accordingly”?

How come our offensive staff has no capability of adapting and making in-game adjustments?

We play a boring style of offense, that can’t really score at will. It costs us in recruiting on offense.

Also, costs us on defense. What defensive player wants to play on a team where the defense is always on its heels to keep it below 28-30 points? That’s a tough task in today’s game, knowing offenses of today are averaging 40-50 plus.

Us averaging 26-30 points a game on offense, isn’t going to cut it.

We score on average, 18 points in games like yesterday. That is PATHETIC.

We are 1-4 in those 5 games. The opponents are scoring 29 on average.

I don’t think folks have a grip on reality that defend what we put out on the offensive side of the ball.
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2021 04:10 PM by BlazinBham.)
10-03-2021 04:00 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ***GAME THREAD*** UAB vs Liberty - ICB - 10-02-2021, 10:18 PM
RE: ***GAME THREAD*** UAB vs Liberty - BlazinBham - 10-03-2021 04:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.