Bookmark and Share
U_of_Elvis Offline
All American

I Root For:
RE: Vaccine or neg test required at FedexForum
(09-30-2021 01:36 PM)memtigbb Wrote:  
(09-30-2021 10:46 AM)salukiblue Wrote:  
(09-29-2021 10:58 PM)ericsrevenge76 Wrote:  
(09-29-2021 10:47 PM)TGTiger Wrote:  Yeah people’s minds are made up. My uncle died of it at 51 back in December, there was no vaccine.

I stayed with him during the cotton bowl. I still miss him and think about him every day.. I lost another family member to it and my cousin is learning to walk again after having been in a medically induced coma on a respirator for over a month.

98% of the people in the ICU are unvaccinated (yes that’s a statistic that you can look up)

Monoclonal is saving lives and people who aren’t vaxxed jump on that treatment even though it too is in an emergency use authorization status.

People can do what they want at this point, no amount of evidence will change anyone’s mind.

The FEF has a rule - if your stance on the vaccine is that strong then watch the games on TV.

Israel reports that 60% of their serious cases are from the fully vaccianted.

That is a gigantic disparity of numbers and shows something is way off here.

We can just look at things here like the plane full of fully vaxxed dems from Texas having a mass outbreak and several other examples such that show us that 98% number appears to be HIGHLY questionable. Does it lower your risk? Absolutely. 98%???.....hardly. There is far too much conflicting evidence.

You people have got to STOP acting like the vaccine is the one and only way out of this and STOP ignoring the science of natural immunity and antibodies.

We are going to need both to get out of this. Not one or the other.

The militant hard core vax crowd is moving further and further away from science and reality on this.

Even if that is true....here's the deal....adults in Israel are almost 80% fully vaxxed.

So....that means the much higher proportion of those actually getting sick is from the unvaxxed.

To make it easy, you have 1000 people: 800 of them are vaxxed and 200 aren't.

A month later, you go to a hospital and see there are 100 folks in the hospital with Covid: 60 were vaxxed and 40 weren't.

That means 7.5% of the folks in the hospital were vaxxed while 20% were in there unvaxxed.

Still almost 3x rate of unvaxxed vs. vaxxed.

Again, it's called nuance.

But it's easier to see a juicy headline that fits your position and say "Cool. I'll just quote the headline" and ignore anything else.

It's like looking at the Memphis-Temple game and seeing that Temple is #1 in the country in least passing yards allowed.

That's a BAD sign for Memphis and must mean the Tigers are in trouble.

But...nuance...you then look PAST that ONE stat and see that Temple is 95th in FBS in rushing yards allowed.

So...maybe Temple doesn't really have a great pass defense, it's just their run defense is so bad that teams don't need to pass.

NUANCE.

Ok so 80% vaccinated in Israel but 60% of cases are vax.

60% vaccinated in US but 2% of cases are vax.

do you not see that huge freaking discrepancy there?

I know the vax helps, I am vaccinated, but come on man, you are a stat guy, those numbers in no way add up. I trust Israel's numbers much more than I trust anything coming out of the US at this point.

Look at the total numbers for Israel and compare rates per 100k, not percentages.

If everyone was vaccinated in Israel then 100% of the hospitalized would be vaccinated. That doesn’t mean the vaccine doesn’t work, it means that due to the base rate fallacy percentages are terrible for this comparison.
09-30-2021 02:20 PM
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Vaccine or neg test required at FedexForum - U_of_Elvis - 09-30-2021 02:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.