Vaccine or neg test required at FedexForum
Bookmark and Share
U_of_Elvis Offline
All American

I Root For:
RE: Vaccine or neg test required at FedexForum
(09-30-2021 07:33 AM)3rdgenerationtiger Wrote:  
(09-30-2021 06:09 AM)ericsrevenge76 Wrote:  
(09-30-2021 06:00 AM)Tigerx3 Wrote:  That is a number that was extracted from a particular time period for a particular age group receiving a particular dosage from a particular manufacturer and for a particular variant. Isolating the data and reporting it as fact is explained by a scientific category called the Simpson Paradox. It’s another way of saying that statistics in the hands of amateurs is a dangerous thing and the enemy of the truth.

You need to stop acting like you know what you are talking about when fed disinformation by extremist news groups.

Oh good Lord that is not from some extremist news site. That is totally dishonest.

The point is not that 60% of the vaccinated end up in the hospital (no one is suggesting that), the point is there is an extremely large discrepancy between the 98% numbers and the the numbers coming out of Israel and the UK. So it would be just as questionable to toss out the 98% number as the 60% number.

We all know and agree the unvaxxed are much more likely to end up in the hospital, particularly if they have no immunity or antibodies.

I fully support the vaccines so get off the crazy train and stop flipping out and grossly misrepresenting what I said.

Slow down and READ what people are posting instead of these knee jerk emotional responses.
And that is exactly what I posted. I said three times that the Israeli data supports that the unvaccinated were FIVE times more likely to be hospitalized than the unvaccinated. Since you don’t understand basic math, that equates to 16.7% of the hospitalized patients in Israeli hospitals are unvaccinated. That is less than 60% and more than 2% if you can’t follow the math.

Maybe you should slow down and read the posts and not fly off the handle.

I looked at the Israeli data when Eric first started posting it here. Posting percentages can fall victim to the base rate fallacy, as this bit of information does. If Israel was 100% vaccinated then 100% of the covid patients would be vaccinated. That percentage in itself means nothing, what matters is comparing the rate per 100k between the total Israeli population and another less vaccinated population, or comparing the rate per 100k between the vaccinated within Israel.

When this was first posted (two months ago?) I looked at the numbers, so these rates are all from the same time as the article with the 60% number.

“Israel has a population of 9M so with 450 hospitalized their hospitalization rate is 5 in every 100,000 people.

Mississippi is also going through an outbreak, is 35% vaccinated, and has a population of 3M. There are 1497 currently hospitalized patients with covid in MS, so a hospitalization rate of 49 in every 100000 people.”

So the low vaccination population (Mississippi) was being hospitalized at a rate 10x higher than the highly vaccinated population. The percentage of vaccinated hospitalized patients doesn’t matter, the RATE of vaccinated covid patients matter and the rate is significantly lower.

This site looked at the data from Israel:
https://www.covid-datascience.com/post/i...vaccinated

The chart here does a good job with comparing the rate of vaccinated vs unvaccinated patients in Israel by age bracket, another good way to look at the vaccines effectiveness :

[Image: image.png]
09-30-2021 08:14 AM
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: Vaccine or neg test required at FedexForum - U_of_Elvis - 09-30-2021 08:14 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.