Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

ACC exploring possible move from original home of Greensboro
TexanMark Online
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
RE: ACC exploring possible move from original home of Greensboro
(08-30-2021 01:14 AM)esayem Wrote:  People are still circle jerking about revenue when there is no evidence it is improving on the field performance. Nebraska? SEC basketball? That’s laughable when you have Brucey the Bandit Pearl in your ranks. That whole argument is destroyed by Clemson. It doesn’t take into account that great coaches might actually like their current position. In the era of NIL, we’ll see booster clubs propelling their schools to new levels. Miami, SMU, hell even Duke football will have more than a fighting chance vs TV revenue and t-shirt fan SEC teams.

But carry on with the doom and gloom and be sure to tell me how I don’t get it.

I agree...but NIL can be overblown. The devil is in the details. Some of these boosters might have contractual details which will make a kid with a brain to say, no thanks. Also, NIL will create unintended consequences in the locker room.

All I know is organizations with lots of money will waste it. Schools are no different. Locker rooms are such a waste...mini-golf? Lazy rivers? Gaming centers? These just further alienate the students from the athletes.
08-30-2021 07:37 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ACC exploring possible move from original home of Greensboro - TexanMark - 08-30-2021 07:37 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.