Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

You still want your school to go to Big 12?
Attackcoog Online

I Root For: Houston
RE: You still want your school to go to Big 12?
(07-30-2021 03:12 PM)Foreverandever Wrote:  
(07-30-2021 12:38 PM)bill dazzle Wrote:  
(07-30-2021 11:53 AM)Foreverandever Wrote:  
(07-30-2021 11:47 AM)bill dazzle Wrote:  
(07-30-2021 11:39 AM)Foreverandever Wrote:  Again you're dealing with a Big East fan, they aren't accepting of this because it will flip their entire world upside down. It also means their expansion with UConn isn't going to save them. Once fox cuts off the big Xii with ESPN the writing is on the wall that the BE will be looking for a new home and it won't be on ESPN.

It's an ego thing. Todge as a Tech fan is showing the same behavior.

Meanwhile some AAC fans just can't let their Big Xii desire go, so they propose thing that just aren't based in reality.

Their is no saving the little 8. The only people with power want it dead, fox and ESPN. UT/OU gave them the head of the little 8 and we're here to bury the body.

It's not an AAC vs Big XII thing. It's the little 8 versus Fox and ESPN. We're just the shovel for ESPN.

Frank (a fan of athletic programs in both the Big East and Big Ten) is reasonable, consistent, informed and objective with his posting. The same cannot be said of some others on this board.

Bill he is not. He has a long standing history of being anti-AAC and has been called out for it before. His current posts on this subject repeat that bias and seem mostly based in what he wants to happen, not the actual occurrences on the ground.

Have a good day.

I've been reading this board since about 2011, Foreverandever, and I have found Frank to be one of its most consistent and reasonable posters. Just because he is not "pro-AAC" that does not mean he is "anti-AAC."

I am a journalist (for about 25 years now), and I find Frank to be 1. very informed regarding the politics and legal considerations of college athletics and 2. as neutral/unbiased as we imperfect humans can be.

I admire your passion and knowledge of the AAC (and of Tulsa, an athletics program I hugely respect and enjoying sharing a league with via UM and UC). But I interpret your posts, at times, as being driven by a pro-AAC bias.

I can be biased too. I'm sure Frank has been biased at times. But I put more stock in the posts of the folks I find to be the most neutral and reasoned. So I side with Frank (and various others within this thread) regarding the topic of the AAC and Big 12 matter.

Bill I'm not debating this with you like I didn't debate Quo and his "fandom".

I believe you are genuine poster who stays consistent with his takes, but the amount of trolling ( I will assume it's your age and naivete to what that is) you miss is remarkable.

Frank here is pushing the same narrative he has always been pushing which is there is no value in the AAC. Since the Big East split this has been their fans mantra, as we approach a decade since it the split happened and the Big East continues to watch the AAC improve, gain influence, and become more well known the Big East fans have held even tighter to this narrative.

You see the issue is when you move on pride and then those people you moved from because they weren't good enough for you begin to surpass you, all you have is that pride.

So again I will ask you the same question I have asked the trolls like Todge and Frank.

Fox and ESPN are against the continued existence of the big Xii in any form. Texas and OU are against it. Bowlsby ensured that ESPN on its pride alone will not allow the little 8 to raid its properties, never mind the huge amounts of money involved motivating the mouse.
The AAC and BYU are wholey owned properties of ESPN.

Where are the little 8 expanding? Who is paying for this expansion?

You see when you do the math it's pretty clear. There is one school remaining with true value in the league, Kansas. So its Kansas and the 7 dwarfs versus the two most powerful sports entities and two dominant schools who have been giving the orders the little 8 follow for twenty years now.

So who is going to win this?

See if your opinion isn't based on past views and bias, the situation is clear as day. When the Dallas Morning News, basically the flagship print media for the big Xii tells you it's over, it's safe to say it's over. The little 8 can pull teams from the MW or other CBS/Fox properties but they won't get anything from ESPN control. That's what that dear bob letter meant, it was a clear backhand that said stay in your place.

The issue I see is the Big12 has too many resources to give in. They have a couple hundred million in exit fees, 4 more years of big tv pay outs, autonomy. and NCAA credits. Not to mention their tv value without UT/OU is still apparently more than ours. I think the best outcome we can hope for is a negotiated settlement where UT/OU gets released from their GOR early and the Big12 leftovers are merged with the AAC with a 15-20 per year payout (probably requires a GOR). The B12 leftovers get to keep their exit fees. I’d be just fine with that. Reconnecting with those SWC teams would be great for us Houston fans. Of course, that would require ESPN to engage as an active participant in negotiations and I’m not sure they are willing to do that after all this controversy.

As an aside—after reading a handful of Texas Tech and Baylor boards—I was surprised how many of their fans have already resigned themselves to a future in the AAC.
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2021 07:50 PM by Attackcoog.)
07-30-2021 07:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: You still want your school to go to Big 12? - Attackcoog - 07-30-2021 07:41 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.