Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

You still want your school to go to Big 12?
Pirate Rep Offline
1st String

I Root For: East Carolina
RE: You still want your school to go to Big 12?
(07-29-2021 11:09 AM)Sea Pirate Wrote:  
(07-28-2021 09:08 PM)Memphis Yankee Wrote:  
(07-28-2021 08:49 PM)pesik Wrote:  i think the general consensus after todays event is

1) aac w/ raided big 12 +their autonomous status
2) big 8 + aac teams
3) aac as is

i still think option 2 is the most likely thing to happen... but i definitely prefer option 1.. i dont like the idea of being the enemy of ESPN.. and Aresco >>>> Bowlsby

bowlsby has the big 12 in indecisive survival mode...aresco has been proactive in conference growth and strength..

but something about this whole thing is how happy aac teams are in the aac outside of money and "label".. cincy, houston, ucf fans are mostly rejoicing at the move today and not gripping about being potential being stuck in the aac..

From everything I heard, It was Cincy, Memphis, and UCF to the B12. That's from other people with sources and not me. Houston isn't really loved by the other Texas schools for whatever reason. Your ratings are low, your attendance is low and your on field performance right now is low. I think it would have been Houston too, but I also heard BYU as the fourth team.

Memphis Cincy and UCF have the best ratings (along with USF) by far. There is a big gap between those four and the fifth team. They have the best attendance. Houston has the biggest market but most of the people in Houston are Texas fans I guess.

Edit: ECU has great attendance too, but their viewership is 1/3 of the top four teams.

In defense of ECU our tv ratings have been pretty good when the team is winning. That hasn’t been the case lately but hopefully will return. I think most ECU fans are starting to like the AAC and hope we add some teams from B12 and keep this thing rolling w the new playoff system.

To expand upon the misconception of ECU's value to my conference brethren prevalent on this board. If you Moved ECU's stadium approx 17 miles west it would be located in the Raleigh Durham DMA which is 21st largest in the country. Currently, we have 80,000 living alumni in that DMA which is the highest concentration of our alumni base. Pirate Flags are flying on cars all over Raleigh on game days. When we are winning, which is going to happen with Houston as coach, our viewership numbers have only been second to UNC by a small margin when playing P5 opponents. We outperform NCSU which is located in Raleigh. The fact remains ESPN recognized our value a long time ago in that we were the only NC school with our on contract with ESPN. ECU also adds a lot of value in baseball which we've dominated the AAC for five years. That sport is very important to the ESPN on their App which ECU made 24 appearances this pass season. Go AAC and Go Pirates!!!
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2021 03:51 PM by Pirate Rep.)
07-29-2021 03:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: You still want your school to go to Big 12? - Pirate Rep - 07-29-2021 03:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.