Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Talk to the people you love and who love you
Bookmark and Share
Tigerx3 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Talk to the people you love and who love you
(07-20-2021 12:20 AM)BIGDTiger Wrote:  My brother in law and one of my dearest friends of over 30 years committed suicide. He leaves behind a beautiful wife , 4 kids and 4 grandchildren. He had everything all of us would say we want in life. Career. Dream home in the smokies. Dream wife. Dream kids. None of them were troubled. He came home for lunch and killed himself. No note. No appearance of issues that would have caused this.

He was the happiest person any of us ever knew. Yet none of us knew of whatever this struggle was he was having. What if that one conversation would have saved him? What if whatever had hit him so hard the other day would have fixed itself, or proven to be so much simpler with a few days of perspective and another visit with the grandchildren? What if he would have talked to his wife?

What if I would have called him more? Or texted?

We were not meant to bare our burdens alone. Don’t forsake friends. If you are struggling in life. If you have issues no one knows of but you. Seek help. Seek love. Seek prayer. And never believe for the first time that the world is better without you. The wreckage your absence will leave will effect everyone who’s life you have touched forever. Kids growing up without a dad. Grandkids never hearing the wisdom of a grandfather. A wife pulling back sheets for an empty side of the bed.

Everyone forever left with the question of , what if?

Thank you for sharing your story. I grieve with you. The sad truth is the public person we each project often masks pain that can run very deep. The past 18 months reveal mental health casualties including suicide have risen dramatically as we became more detached and isolated in the pandemic. Your heart-felt words are spot on. Compassionate human contact is a healing power. It heals the giver and the recipient.

Screw our differences and partisanship. Find joy in being part of connecting to people you know and helping those you may not.

May your family be blessed with only good memories as you celebrate the man you knew and loved.
07-20-2021 02:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
RE: Talk to the people you love and who love you - Tigerx3 - 07-20-2021 02:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.