WAC FBS - Later rather than sooner
Bookmark and Share
PojoaquePosse Offline
Blowhard

I Root For: NMSU
RE: WAC FBS - Later rather than sooner
(06-14-2021 01:50 PM)DoubleRSU Wrote:  
(06-14-2021 01:37 PM)TexasTerror Wrote:  
(06-14-2021 11:17 AM)PojoaquePosse Wrote:  It is ridiculous for anyone to say the new schools, plus the departure of ChiSt, won't make the WAC better. People are using artificial qualifiers like better than 15 in NET rankings or NCAA tourney wins. I think it is a fact that the WAC will be a stronger conference with the new additions.

It is also ridiculous to say NMSU does not play a tough OOC schedule. Not only do they play multiple P5 teams every year, they regularly beat said teams in the OOC.

This board is getting more and more ludicrous by the day. And it's literally 2-3 posters that are dragging it down. But those individuals have no self awareness to know they are a problem. They actually come here to state over the top opinions and start fights. I think most everyone else comes here for info and quality dialog, not to talk trash.

Agreed!

As a fan of Sam Houston, it is really exciting for me to have my school in a conference where we can all celebrate as a collective the results (positive particularly) of the league in unison as we look for the schools, conference to better position itself in the mid-major landscape vs. anything our schools have been used to previously. It's for the benefit of the whole!

I too am excited about the WAC. Yes, this thread was started in jest, but some people are on here are either ridiculous or just dumb. Maybe the WAC will be a FBS league in the future. Undetermined how long that will be, but it’s ridiculous for a few people to claim it’s “soon”.

It’s also ridiculous to think that a full member of the conference will be kicked out by the Texas schools. They cannot kick out Seattle U and SU isn’t leaving until they have another autobid conference lined up.

It’s also ridiculous for fans to be worried about the Texas schools dictating things and/or leaving if they don’t get their way. Where are they going to go to? Back to the Southland with Houston Baptist and some lesser D2 move ups?

Best post you've had in a really long time. Of course, I have to critique something. If on 9/30/2020 I told you the WAC was going to gain 5 D1 schools from established, stable conferences and 4 of them would join on 7/1/2021, would you have believed it? Seems like a ridiculous notion and far too quick for something like that to happen, right? The first credible post about possible WAC expansion was written on this board on 9/30/2020. So I don't know if it's ridiculous to consider the WAC becoming an FBS conference in 5 years. Once again, I am not claiming the WAC will even become FBS, just pointing out that no one can predict the future.
(This post was last modified: 06-14-2021 03:22 PM by PojoaquePosse.)
06-14-2021 02:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: WAC FBS - Later rather than sooner - PojoaquePosse - 06-14-2021 02:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.