solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
RE: CFP Recommendation: 6 conf. champs + 6 at-large
(06-19-2021 04:25 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(06-19-2021 04:11 PM)solohawks Wrote:  
(06-18-2021 10:05 PM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  
(06-18-2021 09:40 PM)PicksUp Wrote:  
(06-18-2021 09:36 PM)BullsFanInTX Wrote:  Who says it has to be unanimous. What is your source for that. If 10 out of 11 agree with the top 6, who says the Pac 12 can stop it. Where is that written.

This isnt a majority rules vote. Where is it written that it is?

Again. Give me a source document that the Pac 12 can shoot it down.

The ones saying the Pac 12 can shoot it down made the claim. So, it's on them to provide proof of that. I simply asked for proof.

None has been given.

The PAC cannot be forced to participate. It would be suicide for them to be the only conference to opt out especially considering their current standing.

If the PAC truly hates the idea, from a practical perspective they must get the Big 10 on their side so that both conferences can tell the CFP that they are not in favor of the change and will just go back to their champions playing in the Rose Bowl if they are not accommodated.

To me that is the only way the PAC can "veto" and it is a incrediblely long shot to occur. Imagine the wailing and gnashing of teeth in Columbus if they were forced out of the CFP in a losing vote. It would be the COVID cancelations ×1000

They dont have to opt out. There is an enforceable media contract signed by ESPN and every single conference. That deal is binding and enforceable until it expires. It can be amended and/or extended---but unless every single signee agrees to the new terms (thats all the conferences and ESPN)----the old agreement continues to stand and remains enforceable. I dont see any way around the media contract issue--thus, you have to have everyone on board.
I'm talking about upon expiration of the current CFP if the rest of the conferences try and jam changes down the throats of the Big 10 and Pac 12
06-19-2021 06:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CFP Recommendation - Wedge - 06-10-2021, 12:56 PM
RE: CFP Recommendation: 6 conf. champs + 6 at-large - solohawks - 06-19-2021 06:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.