Hall of Famer

I Root For: Championships
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
RE: CFP Recommendation: 6 conf. champs + 6 at-large
(06-11-2021 12:22 PM)MidknightWhiskey Wrote:  
(06-11-2021 12:16 PM)Kit-Cat Wrote:  
(06-11-2021 11:59 AM)MidknightWhiskey Wrote:  
(06-11-2021 11:52 AM)Kit-Cat Wrote:  
(06-11-2021 11:38 AM)ken d Wrote:  If they don't agree to it, then they have no brain. All they would accomplish is to have the autonomous conferences plus a small number of other schools break away, leaving them behind with a lot less money than they had before. They essentially would be relegated back to the equivalent of FCS which most of them ran away from in the past.

So, they can take a stand based on some nebulous "principle" and commit virtual suicide, or they can accept reality. Of course, it's also possible that future legislation will do them in anyway.

The 6-6 plan is backed by the SEC commissioner, ND, the PAC and MWC. I seriously doubt it will not be accepted.

ACC will like it as it puts pressure on ND. B1G will like it as it hurts ND.

If you go to 8 its not going to enough at-large bids. Go to 16 and no reward for finishing the season in the top 4. It sounds very much like the sweet spot.

I don't see how this does anything but help ND and their independent status. They just went from competing with everyone including conference champions for 4 spots to competing with the bottom 4 conference champions for 6 spots. They really do not care that they don't qualify for a first round bye since they don't have to play a CCG.

If anything this tells the ACC any off chance or hope you had of ND joining for football is dead.

I disagree because they have a much higher bar to get in than the ACC champ which only needs to be Top 6.

ACC champ could be ranked 30, 40, 50 even behind a G5 champ and still get into the playoff.

ACC is tailor made for ND, they would be among the three strongest programs with Clemson and Florida State.

ND got into the 4 team playoff over conference champions...I don't think they're worried about getting into 6 spots with the top 6 champions already accounted for.

Winning a conference championship game gives them a second path into the playoff if they aren't having a Top 10 season.

For example they could be outside the Top 25 at the beginning of November, pull out the division title in the last game of the regular season and then earn a playoff spot by winning a CCG.

Of course that puts them against the #5 team on the road in the first round but it is ND and figuring they have top tier talent they have a 40% chance to win that game.

The money distribution of this plan I think will be telling. If it works out in NDs favor not have to split with a conference then it doesn't push them that direction.
06-11-2021 12:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: CFP Recommendation - Wedge - 06-10-2021, 12:56 PM
RE: CFP Recommendation: 6 conf. champs + 6 at-large - Kit-Cat - 06-11-2021 12:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.