BlueDragon Away
Heisman

I Root For: TSU
RE: WAC FBS - Sooner rather than later!
(06-12-2021 05:07 PM)FirstandGoal Wrote:  
(06-12-2021 04:25 PM)Todor Wrote:  
(06-12-2021 01:04 PM)Bobcat2013 Wrote:  
(06-12-2021 10:38 AM)YesCubanB Wrote:  
(06-11-2021 09:55 PM)SDHornet Wrote:  Didn't you hear about the pending studies? STUDIES!!!!

Also IntermentTexan talked about the “efficiency” of Texas schools that we are going to witness. You know efficiency from a state that can’t even keep the power running if the weather dips below 30 degrees.

Ngl, thats kind of a low blow there, it was way colder than that.

As to your main point though I still dont see what has changed about any of these schools to make them more qualified to be FBS than the last time they got passed over. I know people like to use the word potential but then why havent they met this potential after 100+years of existing?

Precisely. And the answer is nothing. Its the first time I have heard of changing conferences before doing the the study to see if the reason for the change makes sense or is feasible. And to explain it, referencing the future study as some kind of "proof" of why the move makes sense.

I can't speak about any of the other Texas schools but I am pretty sure Lamar was looking for an FBS conference twelve years ago but none would offer them a spot. In about 2007 or 2008 when they announced their intention to restart the football program the intent was to get to a FBS conference. Lamar has the facilities to meet FBS capacity minimums and I am sure there is enough financial support if a small addition to seating is necessary to make it happen. The bigger question is can they get attendance, but who you play has an effect on that so if seats sold counts as opposed to butts in the stands I believe that is achievable also.

Lamar over time has just ended up in the wrong part of Beaumont. Sitting next to Petrochemical Plants doesn’t do much for the University. The area is just not the greatest. Although nice to have the stadium on campus I think it would’ve been a better idea to have located out on I10. Ford Park stole that idea I guess.
06-13-2021 10:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: WAC FBS - Sooner rather than later! - BlueDragon - 06-13-2021 10:40 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.