Bragga is OUT Per Kendall Rogers
waltgreenberg Offline
Legend

I Root For: Rice Owls

The Parliament Awards
RE: Bragga is OUT Per Kendall Rogers
(06-04-2021 02:44 PM)Musicowl1965 Wrote:  
(06-04-2021 02:25 PM)Tomball Owl Wrote:  
(06-04-2021 01:43 PM)Musicowl1965 Wrote:  Agree that all of the candidates I mentioned are qualified and exceptional options. My odds below:

Cruz: Better than 50-50 IMO. I think he checks all the boxes with the exception of college coaching experience but I do not think that is the MOST important criteria anyway. Current MLB hitting coach, huge Rice ties, relationship with MLB scouts (do not think that this is not important to recruits...it is). WG had these relationships as well. Best overall choice IMO.
Allen: Not sure on odds but I think he is another option. Texas ties, current asst coach at No. 2 ranked team, pitching staffs at Texas have been really good during his tenure. Obviously a good recruiter and evaluator of talent.
Hallmark: Really like Hallmark but my concern is his relationship with JK as Walt has mentioned. I do think, if offered, he will take the job I just do not know what his relationship was with JK while he was on WG's staff. Done really well at UTSA.
Hobbes: Although no info if he is even considered or interviewed you can't dispute his track record and willingness to embrace the analytics movement. My suspicion is he gets a P5 offer if not this year then next.
Saarloos: While I did not mention him in my initial odds list I do believe he would be an excellent hire as well. MLB guy who has cut his teeth with Schloss and done really well. I like him a lot just not sure he wants the Rice job.
Geatreaux: I think a quality coach as well and I believe do well here.

Really all these guys are good and I believe will be successful but I think my odds are on Cruz with Allen really close. I think Rice ties might be the deciding factor and if that is the case then Hallmark is an obvious option as well.

Concerns me that Cruz was not mentioned by Kendall Rogers in his update on who has been interviewed.

Also, the Aggies I know think Schloss will be offered and take the TAMU job. Of course they view the world true maroon colored glasses, but if that’s the case, Saarloos will take over at TCU. I don’t think he would come to Rice until that plays out, if at all.

Agree on Saaloos (sp?) as well. Was Kendall onto the Coach Bragga hiring? I just don't remember. Kendall is really good but he also thought Bragga would get more time.

Kendall is getting all his info from outside of Rice. He has no relationship whatsoever with JK. He's getting it from Allen, Childress and Geatreaux. If you recall, he didn't even mention Hallmark in his first article after the Bragga announcement. However, he would know if Saarloos was interested, so my guess all along was that he is not.
06-04-2021 03:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bragga is OUT Per Kendall Rogers - waltgreenberg - 06-04-2021 03:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.