Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rice football recruiting - class of 2022
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
RE: Rice football recruiting - class of 2022
Don't mean to beat a dead horse.... but I believe we need to think more University-Wide when it comes to recruiting athletes like DK and Jr. Look at McCaffery... He came here to be a QB and has been convinced to move. Hell, SENIOR was convinced to move... remember that?? Recruiting kids like this does more than just get us an athlete in the fold. It solidifies our connection with their parents... and keeps them now from being tugged to Baylor or Central Michigan both for butts in the seats and dollars.

And because we ALL know they would move if they had to... they just want a shot... what do we have to lose? So you recruit Jr and "The next coming of Andrew Luck' and if Andrew Jr wins out over Bert Jr, you ask Bert Jr to move so that he can play. Of course the advantage of Bert Jr over Andrew is that he can do that, ASSUMING he doesn't win the job... returns, safety, rb, wr, track and field, I don't know where else Andrew Jr would play... MAYBE TE??

DK had 'better' options and he took them. I hope if he finds himself buried on a deep depth chart that he remembers us... but I hope more that he is at the top of a deep depth chart, wherever he is. For BJ, he clearly wants a shot. I HOPE that we genuinely offered him one and that he had other reasons to choose differently.

FTR, NightOwl's OTHER prodigy is apparently tearing up the camps... which is another reason we should have recruited his brother harder... on top of the above reasons.
(This post was last modified: 06-28-2022 03:58 PM by Hambone10.)
06-28-2022 03:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rice football recruiting - class of 2022 - Hambone10 - 06-28-2022 03:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.