Tomball Owl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls
RE: Rice football recruiting - class of 2022
(01-19-2022 01:44 PM)nightowl24 Wrote:  
(01-19-2022 01:00 PM)ExcitedOwl18 Wrote:  
(01-19-2022 12:14 PM)nightowl24 Wrote:  
(01-15-2022 04:19 PM)ruowls Wrote:  
(01-15-2022 12:01 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  I can't say how much of that disinterest was mutual from the start and how much was because after Rice initially showed no interest, they started looking elsewhere and found other opportunities. Nightowl can provide that if he wants to do so, or not if he doesn't. That's his (and his family's) business, not mine or ours.

I have seen nightowl's son play. I have seen him on video as well as in person. I have even had conversations with him regarding receiver play and reading defenses. I have no doubt he would make a difference at Rice. Of course it is an affront to him and nightowl when Rice fails to even talk to him. I will say that it doesn't take much to do an evaluation. It doesn't take much more to have a frank discussion about the evaluation and even offer advice. I did it and it was a great experience for me.

Thank you ruowls for the kind words.

our interest level for both of my boys and rice from age 0 - now was rice tshirts, sweatshirts, pjs, hats, attending basketball games, football games, and track meets, taking tours every time we are on campus finding something new to show them about the school and how cool it is....hell when my oldest was a toddler he got a rice foam baseball and bat set(he had a stroke like griffey jr....lol).

at this point we have zero interest in the school. after speaking with other alumni and seeing that they are receiving the same treatment, i am doubly disinterested. rice has lost a long time fan...die hard fan....a recruiter....an ambassador in the communities around this city and school districts around the city. I will only wear HBU gear from now until my youngest goes off to school, then i will wear his school's gear.

some may feel that this is an over reaction. if you went through what i went through while at rice, and gave what i gave...to see how terrible this team is week in and week out, then they look at my son, an alumni's son, who is more decorated and has out produced every player on your team and he isn't worth even a conversation. yep i'm good. there is no need for me to ever have any dealings with this school with the current coaching staff. When this crap-show of coaching and organizational leadership is gone i may return....until then be blessed and be safe.

add-on: men's track don't think you're getting off the hook either. if i hadn't made a big stink about it you wouldn't even be recruiting dj bradley(who currently holds the #1 time in the 60H hs division and his 4x4 has the #1 time in the nation as well). there was no reason that tre mccalla wasn't on your radar before I said something(ya'll did reach out after I caused a hub-bub). kid has done nothing but blow kids out year in and year out. the excuse is essentially they don't recruit sprinters. we go all in on cross country and the 3-4 events in track they compete in...lol. and we don't even do that well, we are middle to bottom of the pack year in and year out. so that model hasn't produced results at all. or are we hitting the mark we are setting for ourselves...hhmm

all in all men's sports at rice is terrible and the ad is terrible to go along with it. i have never had an expectation to be a nationally ranked team. i expect that every 2-3yrs we should be at the top of our conf and competing for post season games/tournaments. it's gotten so bad that our nationally ranked baseball team has fallen to the depths of mediocrity and we just let it happen. yeah just typing this infuriates me to the nth degree. i don't do passive support and behind the scenes support. which is probably why they don't invite me around ever. i'll tell you your good and your bad and won't blink an eye. my eyes are now focused on my two son's and ensuring they are reaching the goals aspirations and dreams they have.

again good day, be blessed, and stay safe........

Honest question-I've watched your son's highlight tape and seen his track and field results. Very impressive athlete. As you've mentioned, he's outperformed many people who have been offered scholarships by Rice (and other, bigger schools).

Why do you think it is that he wasn't offered by other G5 (or P5 schools)? It's not as if he was offered (at least per 247) by UTSA, UNT, SMU, etc and we were the only Texas G5 not to offer.

If you don't want to answer that question-totally fine. Both you and he were/is a much better athlete than I ever was, so you don't owe me anything.

purely size....he isn't big nor tall...roughly 5'9" 160lbs. people get caught up in 6'1"+ and think they can teach them to be better than they are currently. He was approached by baylor. went to a camp this summer. was told come to camp and beat press coverage and we'll offer you. he went and destroyed everyone he line up against in 1v1. they didn't offer him.

here's the video of that day...... https://twitter.com/Capitaodomato1/statu...7452526600

he was contacted by UIW late, Texas a&m-commerce late, utsa and unt both reached out to people around our situation, but never to us, and got a feeling that he wasn't going to flip(which he wasn't) so they didn't contact or offer him. he's been committed since last april. teams wanted him to sit around and wait on them and we weren't doing that. he/we weren't going to be your left overs, he's good enough to be your priority and if he isn't we move along. at hbu he was their priority and was they guy they wanted extremely bad. so we are very happy with where he is.

my youngest son will probably garner more attention with his position switch because he is bigger than my oldest....just as fast.....more explosive....and stronger. he is a lockdown corner now. he was a stand out rb, but he was small to play rb on the next level. now playing cb and me teaching him...yeah in 3 practices of 7v7 he is now covering wrs that are currently playing in college and they can't shake him.

Very impressive! I'd love to see him in ruowls' offense.
01-19-2022 03:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rice football recruiting - class of 2022 - Tomball Owl - 01-19-2022 03:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.