Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

FCS Semifinals date/time/network
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
RE: FCS Semifinals date/time/network
(05-04-2021 06:47 AM)TexasTerror Wrote:  SHSU lost 55-13 in prior matchup against NDSU and the Kats heard the same thing this past week from the Bison fan base. Who is still playing?

JMU won that last game when the Walter Payton Award winning QB was playing hurt. The program also reshuffled its focus from an offensive juggernaut that just wants to score at will and in a blink of the eye into the current iteration that handed NDSU its worst offensive game in seven years.

This is a different team and Sam is playing at home. Kats are undefeated in the playoffs at home and K.C. Keeler (head coach) has never lost a home playoff game at Rowan, Delaware or Sam.

JMU will be a tough test but Dukes living in the past may get caught up living in the off-season sooner than they suspect. Just ask Ye Olde Bison.

I watched all of the quarterfinals, and IMO, James Madison and Sam Houston State look like two pretty evenly matched teams. If you force me to predict, I would likely bet on JMU to win by a touchdown, I was more impressed with their form in the quarters. I was very impressed by how JMU was in control vs a North Dakota team that IMO was very formidable. OTOH, Sam Houston almost botched their game vs ND State with horrific kick return breakdowns. Then again, they were playing the program that had won 8 of the last 9 national titles, so there was probably a mystique factor they had to confront that JMU did not.

In any event, a touchdown isn't much, it implies a close game. Which is what I expect.

Games that happened 5 years ago mean little to nothing in college football, as all the players are different. If this game is a blowout either way, I will be surprised.
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2021 08:25 AM by quo vadis.)
05-04-2021 08:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: FCS Semifinals date/time/network - quo vadis - 05-04-2021 08:22 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.