Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

AAC at a crossroads: "We’re trying to figure out what our strategy is going to be."
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels
RE: AAC at a crossroads: "We’re trying to figure out what our strategy is going ...
(04-19-2021 05:37 PM)TonyTiger06 Wrote:  
(04-16-2021 10:09 PM)jedclampett Wrote:  
(04-16-2021 06:37 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  The only new ground in those comments when they were uttered is the idea of going to 14 is acceptable. ... that was an option when the AAC was still the Big East.

I get it - - you're trying to down the significance of his statement, and that's ok with me. I would just point out that:

Even though it it was always "an option," it's not something that the Commissioner had ever talked about publicly before January 21st

Nevertheless, if you consider that to be the only new ground in the Commissioner's comments, then I gather that you didn't find this statement by the Commissioner to be the least bit newsworthy or interesting:

"We’re trying to figure out what our strategy is going to be."

If you didn't find that noteworthy, I can only assume that you're enough of an AAC insider to have known that this has been the situation for quite some time now, and if you were, then it might not have been news to you.

It was news to me, however, and that's why I created this thread - - to try to present some helpful ideas about the kinds of strategies that might be implemented successfully.

I think that the conference should at least consider expanding to 16 with the support/approval of ESPN, of course. If they will approve eight $8 million per team expansion contract agreement for the remainder of our contract time, I would be cool with it ... 07-coffee3.

If they did, I would be cool with taking 4 all sports team from the mountain west conference and Air Force as a football only member with the Olympic sports team to be determined.

I think that is 16 team conference might experience less growing pangs than just 12 or 14, if we really wanted Boise State.

If you were going to expand to 16, wouldn’t you have to add another non FB schools as well?
04-20-2021 10:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: AAC at a crossroads: "We’re trying to figure out what our strategy is going ... - THUNDERStruck73 - 04-20-2021 10:30 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.