Should W&M Join the Patriot League?
Bookmark and Share
Florida tribe fan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tribe
RE: Should W&M Join the Patriot League?
(04-19-2021 11:07 AM)WMInTheBurg Wrote:  
(04-19-2021 10:04 AM)Tank55 Wrote:  
(04-18-2021 11:15 PM)WMInTheBurg Wrote:  How about me?

How about you? Do you think CAA football is in a better place to where it was before the realignment?

My answer was above, in the part you edited out:

(04-18-2021 11:15 PM)WMInTheBurg Wrote:  I think it's ridiculous to make a judgment that includes the last 12-14 months as evidence. This entire thread is full of recency bias, and exists because people are bored. Whenever there's a Patriot League thread here, it means people are generally happy, because there's no other complaining to do.

By its own admission the athletic department was experiencing funding shortfalls before the pandemic. The football program experienced four losing campaigns in a row, before the pandemic. The basketball program deserves credit for regular season success, but was bounced in the quarters of the two CAA tournaments preceding the pandemic. The thrust of the thread is unpopular with multiple readers, but it's unclear that the pandemic and recency bias were the catalysts for its initiation by the blog authors. One wouldn't think the aforementioned state of affairs would make a fan base happy, but the Tribe faithful are a curious lot.

Also, this is a Patriot League slow news day thread. Make a "State of CAA football" slow news day thread if you want to talk about that.
04-19-2021 04:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should W&M Join the Patriot League? - Florida tribe fan - 04-19-2021 04:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.