Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Defund the Police movement leads to nationwide police resignations
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
RE: Defund the Police movement leads to nationwide police resignations
Quote:The Democratic Party is in complete denial over the catastrophic failure of Defund the Police. Even though the misguided policy can be tied to the skyrocketing violent crime, and hundreds of deaths in inner cities around America, the radical left is fundamentally unwilling to re-examine its policies.

On MSNBC, former LAPD cop Cheryl Dorsey appeared with host Tiffany Cross to blame “cowardly” and “butt-hurt” cops for the escalating crime wave. Further damaging her credibility, she also denied that it is conclusive whether there even is such a surge in violent crime.

“We’re talking about the uptick in crime,” Cross said. “You just heard the rhetoric circa 1983 that’s being repeated now. Cheryl, I am a little concerned because, look, I know there are people in neighborhoods who have concerns about the violence they’ve seen. It’s interesting that this is happening at the time of defund the police. We have to get to the root of the problem. Why do you think we’re seeing an uptick in crime happening right now?”

“I think it’s a combination of things, and we have to understand that police officers are the backbone, particularly are the backbone of any police department,” Dorsey responded. “And this reminds me of back in the day when I was on LAPD, when officers’ feelings were hurt and they had the term ‘blue flu,’ where officers openly talked about slow response to radio calls. You can break a police chief if response time is low, if you’re not clearing crimes, if you’re not responding to high-priority calls: shootings in progress, murder, robbery. And so officers, now we see across these 18,000 police departments, are butt-hurt because, you know, they can’t run willy-nilly through a police department and abuse with reckless abandon.”

“So they’re stepping away from specialized units,” she went on. “Too cowardly to quit outright the department, but they’re stepping away from units. On the Columbus police department, the rapid response team. An entire platoon of SWAT officers walked away in Miami. So I don’t think it’s a coincidence. And listen, bad guys know the cops aren’t responding, that they’re not coming out when they are capering. And so I think it’s a combination of things.”

“What’s your take on — I mean, do you really think there is an uptick in crime, the way that Republicans are framing it?” Cross asked.

“I don’t necessarily think that there’s an uptick in crime,” she replied with a straight face. “And I can tell you that I know firsthand, you know, statistics can be manipulated. And so I think that this is, again, what officers, police departments, police chiefs, those who are savvy, try to do is pull back, make communities suffer just a little bit so you’ll miss that heavy-handedness, those overzealous cops who are abusing their authority in your communities, and then when you cry uncle they come back times ten with more militarization, more heavy-handed elephant hunters who are now preying on an unsuspecting public.”

Police officers provided a ready target for Democrats to blame for the inter-generational disaster that has become life in our dilapidated, crime-ridden inner cities, which are under perpetual Democratic Party control to an extent envied even in Third World countries. If it is one thing the Democratic Party is a master at, it is avoiding all blame for the demonstrable failure of its divisive and dysfunctional policies.

Now, over a year later, the Democratic Party’s critics can safely say, ‘I told you so.’ Several major cities are beginning a “refund the police” movement to restore the resources and public confidence needed for them to do one of the most dangerous and thankless jobs in the country.

“Cities like New York City, Oakland, Baltimore, Minneapolis and Los Angeles are planning to reinstate tens of millions for the construction of new police precincts, increase police department budgets, among other plans to bankroll more efforts to confront the uptick in crime,” Fox News reported.

“Overall, in several of the nation’s largest local law-enforcement agencies, city and county leaders want funding increases for 9 of the 12 departments where next year’s budgets have already been proposed, with increases ranging from 1% to 6%,” Fox reported, citing the Wall Street Journal.

This is the radical left today. They seek to Defund the Police because they’re “racist.” Smear them. Slander them. Take away their resources. Watch as violent crime predictably blows up in communities. Then blame the same police they just attacked. It’s no wonder that people don’t trust the Democratic Party.

Link
06-28-2021 11:36 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Defund the Police movement leads to nationwide police resignations - CrimsonPhantom - 06-28-2021 11:36 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.