Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Increasing numbers of ranked non-P5 FB teams - a threat to the AAC's P6 aspirations?
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
RE: Increasing numbers of ranked non-P5 FB teams - a threat to the AAC's P6 aspirations?
(04-29-2021 05:46 PM)jedclampett Wrote:  
(04-29-2021 04:12 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  much closer to the Gs than the Ps though, and "that is true." 03-rotfl

That's where you're wrong. 05-bump

The graphs make it clear that that is not true - - it is false.Rimshot

You're the only person on these message boards who has been repeating that dogma for years after people stopped listening.05-deadhorse

You haven't convinced anyone.03-idea

"and that is true." :woohoo

Actually, I am very much right about it, and your use of Emojis cannot substitute for facts.

As I explained, the AAC has on average been much closer to the nearest G5 during the CFP era than the nearest P5.

You tried to use a "mid-point" metric to claim otherwise, but I explained above how that is problematic. Here it is again for you:

"I would say "tween" is best defined as the closest P5 and G5, not the mid-point. Because using midpoint, you could have a crazy result such as:

(Lower number is better, CFP seven year averages):

SEC .... 30
B12 .... 32
B1G .... 33
PAC .... 55
ACC .... 60

Midpoint = 42

AAC .... 60

Rest of G4 .... all 75, so midpoint =75

In that case, the midpoint would tell us the AAC is closer to the G group (15 points from G4 midpoint) then the P5 group (18 points away) even though the AAC was in fact as good as the worst P5. That would not make any sense, IMO. The AAC would clearly be a "P" group league.

So best to go with "nearest", and the AAC average during the CFP era is clearly closer to the nearest P5 then the nearest other-G."

So, that's where things stand, no matter how much you huff and puff, LOL.

07-coffee3
(This post was last modified: 04-30-2021 09:05 AM by quo vadis.)
04-30-2021 08:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Increasing numbers of ranked non-P5 FB teams - a threat to the AAC's P6 aspirations? - quo vadis - 04-30-2021 08:22 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.