Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Hunter Biden has ‘no recollection’ of meeting stripper with whom he had a child
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
RE: Hunter Biden has ‘no recollection’ of meeting stripper with whom he had a child
Quote:President Joe Biden’s son Hunter admitted in a BBC interview that his family name was "gold" to Burisma and it played a large part in his appointment to the board of the Ukrainian energy company while his father was vice president.

Although he defended his qualifications for the position at Burisma, Biden said that, in retrospect, he had "missed ... the perception that I would create."

"I know that it is hard to believe with 20/20 hindsight how I could possibly have missed that," he told the BBC in an interview to promote his new memoir "Beautiful Things."

In explaining one of the reasons Burisma placed him on their board, Biden said,"I think they saw my name as gold, and the reason they did was this: Right at that time, the Russians had invaded and taken Crimea, and they were after the natural resources and the pipeline. And I know that Burisma wanted to do one thing: They wanted to create a bulwark against that Russian aggression, they knew they had to expand internationally and into other sectors to diversify and protect themselves."

He added that "the Biden name is synonymous with democracy and transparency, and that's why I said it was gold to them."

He also said being a Biden had "opened doors that wouldn't be opened up to other people," calling this "both a privilege and a burden."

He said he hadn't expected the level of scrutiny he received, even though his father was the Obama administration’s point man on relations with Ukraine, emphasizing that "I don't belong to an administration, I belong to a family."

An investigation by Republican congressmen last year said that Biden’s work for Burisma was "problematic" but found no evidence that American foreign policy had been influenced by his position at the Ukrainian company, according to the Washington Examiner.

His controversial business dealings also made him the target of Republican attacks during the last presidential election and were center stage in former President Donald Trump’s first impeachment, where Trump was accused of asking Ukraine’s president to probe the Bidens in return for the restoration of military aid, the BBC reported.

In an interview earlier this week with CBS News, Hunter Biden insisted that "I'm 100% certain … that I will be cleared of any wrongdoing" at the conclusion of an ongoing Department of Justice investigation into his financial dealings, adding that "I'm co-operating, completely" with the probe.

In the BBC interview, he talked about his drug and alcohol addiction, saying he suffered trauma from the death of his mother and sister in a car accident in 1972, explaining that "There's something at the center of each addict that's missing, that they feel that they need to fill ... Nothing can possibly fill it. And so you numb yourself."

He added that when his brother Beau died of cancer in 2015, he "descended into a really dark, dark place … I'd separated with my wife, I was in an apartment by myself, and I was basically drinking myself to death."

Although his struggle with addiction made him a target for tabloid stories and political attacks, Hunter Biden said it was also something to which people could relate.

"I think what people see in the Biden family is their family," he said. "I think that they see all of the tragedy in loss, but they see all the love and sincerity. And I think that they see that we're not much different than any other family."

Link

Quote:Two top Republican senators are demanding the Secret Service provide a more comprehensive response to the duo’s March inquiry over the agency’s involvement with President Joe Biden’s son Hunter.

Republican Sens. Chuck Grassley of Iowa and Ron Johnson of Wisconsin pushed the Secret Service for answers last week over the agency’s intervention, as reported by Politico, when in 2018, Hallie Biden — who was Beau Biden’s widow-turned-Hunter Biden’s love interest — tossed Hunter’s firearm into a grocery store dumpster.

“Hallie took the gun to Janssen’s Market, a nearby high-end grocery store where the Bidens are longtime regular customers,” wrote Politico. “There, she tossed the gun, wrapped in a black shopping bag, into a trash bin outside the store.”

When Hallie went to retrieve the firearm, it had gone missing, which raised concerns given the store is across the street from a local high school. Delaware State Police and the FBI both launched an investigation into the missing weapon, along with the Secret Service, according to Politico.

“Any involvement by the Secret Service on behalf of the Biden family or on its own initiative would be inappropriate interference in an incident that was already being investigated by Delaware State Police with the involvement of the FBI, according to law enforcement officials,” Politico wrote.

The report provoked the initial inquiry from Grassley and Johnson in late March.

“In light of the recent press report, please provide all records relating to your agency’s involvement in the alleged October 2018 incident with respect to Hunter Biden’s firearm no later than April 8, 2021,” the top Republicans wrote in a letter to the director of the Secret Service dated March 25.

The response from the security agency was unsatisfactory and matched the response it gave Politico. Secret Service reiterated in a letter to Grassley and Johnson on March 31 that no one in the Biden family was under government protection in 2018 and said the Secret Service “has not located any records responsive to your request.”

“Your office’s assertion that it cannot locate records related to this incident demands further explanation,” the senators wrote. “The Secret Service must explain, in detail, the steps that it took to respond to the committees, including whether your office communicated with any current or former personnel that may have been connected to this incident.”

Johnson and Grassley also requested an update on the agency’s response to their five-month-old demand for travel records related to Hunter Biden in 2015, after his protection was ended.

Link
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2021 03:52 PM by CrimsonPhantom.)
04-06-2021 03:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hunter Biden has ‘no recollection’ of meeting stripper with whom he had a child - CrimsonPhantom - 04-06-2021 03:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.