salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

I Root For: Space Mountain
RE: Hampton Transfer Davion Warren Commits To Memphis MBB
(03-25-2022 12:04 PM)macgar32 Wrote:  
(03-25-2022 10:59 AM)salukiblue Wrote:  
(03-25-2022 10:37 AM)macgar32 Wrote:  
(03-25-2022 10:09 AM)salukiblue Wrote:  
(05-09-2021 06:43 PM)Stammers Wrote:  Fool on here thinks Sam will only play a couple of minutes a game, and Jucos in the 300's should score more than top 75 high school recruits. Charlie Moore, who averaged 15 points and 5 assists per game over the last 2 seasons, is ranked #97. There is a fool here that doesn't understand how high quality the transfer market is.

Fool on here could tell by Sam's bonafides that he wouldn't play. And, low and behold he was redshirted.

As for Warren, he was pretty much exactly what I envisioned.

He was a fine role player who, for Tech, lost favor as the season went on once Tech got though the cupcake part of its schedule. He finished the season shooting 29% from three and had a negative assist to turnover ratio.

His game last night...off the bench: 10 minutes, 0 points.

In the Big12 and NCAA tourney Warren averaged 5.8 points shooting 35.7% from the field, 23.1% from three while dishing out 1.7 assists and turning the ball over 2.3 times.

Hmmm...

Wasn't there a huge thing that happened after this conversation occurred...Surely you are not going to pat yourself on the back and not address it.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

The two things in the post:

I (from the get go) said Sam would get scrub minutes. Some goofballs were thinking he would be an even swap for Moussa or silly sh!t like this:

(05-03-2021 11:02 AM)macgar32 Wrote:  
(05-03-2021 10:06 AM)salukiblue Wrote:  One was ranked top 10 in his class, one outside the top 100.

Please don't let this thread be a new "stupid expectations from empty posters."

I would expect a bit better than Malcolms Freshman year...

If he gets 20 minutes a game 6.5 pts 4 rebounds.

He will not have nearly the impact on Defense that Cisse presented at the end of the year.

Bottom line, like I noted...there was nothing in his profile, nor is there much an historical basis for believing a sub 100 big (who didn't play his senior season) was going to have any impact on a top 30 level team. None.

And not only didn't he not have an impact, he had NO impact because the staff saw him as so unneeded that he was redshirted.

The other:

Davion Warren would be a nice bench player for the Tigers.

So getting the #1 Center in the class doesn't affect the decision of the staff to Redshirt Sam.

Leaving that point out is completely dishonest.

This was not a top 30 team without Duren...He would have been competing against Malcolm and Lawson...No Duren...No Redshirt. But hey lets not mention that fact.

Oh, ok.

You were posing the idea Sam WAS AS GOOD AS MALCO...so regardless of Duren, if Sam were as good as Malco then why would he be redshirted?

Why would, before camp started, the S&C guy refer this way to Onu:

Sam Onu
“He’s got a long ways to go. He’s got the physical qualities, but a long way to go from a development standpoint. I’m very transparent with him on this – it’s just a longer learning curve for him. He had his best day (recently), so for him, it’s what can he do to get better every day.”

Then, of course, during the blowout exhibitions, he was one of the last off the bench and in the Lane game literally came in with Jacobs and Glennon for 4 minutes in a 40 point game.

It's really ok to recognize the dude wasn't going to play real minutes regardless.
(This post was last modified: 03-25-2022 01:47 PM by salukiblue.)
03-25-2022 01:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hampton Transfer Davion Warren Commits To Memphis MBB - salukiblue - 03-25-2022 01:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.