JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
RE: The Deranged 60 Minutes Hit Piece on Ron DeSantis Gives the Game Away
(04-06-2021 11:43 AM)Hambone10 Wrote:  
(04-06-2021 10:41 AM)JRsec Wrote:  
(04-06-2021 10:33 AM)Hambone10 Wrote:  
(04-06-2021 07:05 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(04-05-2021 04:23 PM)Hambone10 Wrote:  HOw about they run together?

Pence is a good guy but he isn't winning in 2028... and Trump only has 1 more term possible.... and the 'time out' would allow him to avoid the stigma of 'firing' his veep. DeSantis COULD give 12 years of control to Reps??... with his VP choice delivering 'the counterpunch' to whatever NEW focus the DIms want to hitch to their wagon.

I could easily roll with that combo....

however, I'd rather forge forward with DeSantis while his iron is hot....

I don't see him wavering on DJT's positional views....he's simply more likeable....

Fair... I was only trying to address those who are 'ONLY TRUMPERS'. That's not me, but we need those voters on the team. If DeSantis can carry that torch, I agree that the party may be better off without Trump. He is clearly the left's version of Hillary... an absolute magnet for their voters.

A ludicrous assumption when the last election was lost to 400,000 illegal and fraudulent votes. Those in the Republican party who were against Trump were only for a continuation of Corporate Globalist policies, meaning open trade even at the detriment of the American Tax Payer and were unwittingly or knowingly feeding a China that remains our #1 threat. Failing to appease those who identify with those bastards didn't cost us the last election. The failure to enforce election laws in the midst of a suspicious pandemic did. You never, ever, bend election laws. The minute you do you lose control of your freedom and your voice. And election laws in 2020 weren't just lax in enforcement, they were wholly altered by people lacking the constitutional authority to do so. And that doesn't even get into to the corporate subsidies for the Dominion machines to be placed into use, machines that Cal Tech demonstrated could be hacked and results flipped in under 15 minutes.

Well, I'm not illegal and because I felt comfortable that my vote didn't matter in my state, I didn't vote for Trump. I didn't vote for him because I think he is often unnecessarily confrontational and even SEEKS confrontation, whether it is necessary of not. This actually deflects from his message and intentions. I think he made himself a target, which convinced a WHOLE LOT of democrats that it was worth their time and the risk to cheat. What is most infuriating about this is that he WON last time for the very same reason. Not because Republicans cheated, but because Hillary so often put her foot in her mouth that Republicans were motivated to vote against her. Democrats just chose a different tactic to keep him out of office. If you don't have the numbers, cheat.

Trump would be a great Dick Cheney... but that isn't an option and he wouldn't go for that. The guy BEHIND the popular face who gets things done... but not the guy with cameras focused on and parsing every single word he says. As a businessman, even in the reality show... he could do a lot of work behind the scenes. You can't do that as President.

Someone who thinks like Trump, but avoids making himself such a target would have been re-elected. I suggested Trump/DeSantis simply because someone who thinks like him but doesn't seek confrontation like him (which may or may net be DeSantis) could smooth Trump's rough edges and continue the good policies. Pence is a solid guy (I think) but he is not strong enough, dynamic enough and doesn't support a lot of the things that people like about Trump.

What you're doing is precisely what I think is 'our' problem. Proper legal elections are something that unites MOST of us. The only people against them are those who want to cheat. What happened, happened... and while it needs to be fixed, we need to stop looking backwards, other than to fix it.

Whether Trump lost or it was 'stolen' makes no difference since you aren't going to change it. All you can do is fix it. It doesn't matter NOW if people voted illegally in the last election... you accomplish the same goal of eliminating that by spending the next 4 years putting safeguards into place... because you aren't motivating the 'never Trumpers' to shout down the

You're doing this because you support honest elections... NOT because you support Trump. If Trump wins as a result, then that is a side-effect, not the purpose. Does that make sense? If you are seen as doing this because of Trump, you motivate people to come out against you. NOBODY would PUBLICLY be against honest/fair elections.

(04-06-2021 10:49 AM)Bronco14 Wrote:  I like DeSantis, right now I'd say he's my frontrunner, but I can't help but feel like he's being pushed onto us.......

I know nothing about him... I'm not saying he's the guy... I'm simply using him as an example. I suspect some others are as well.... AND, this is often a tool of the opposition... if you talk a lot about them now, you don't have to do it as much once things get serious.

Nice deflection, but it misses the point. Trump won in 2016 because he reached voters that were left out of the Bush party, a party of pro corporate agendas. It is why the Bush family and Ryan and Romney (who is liberal as hell) all sought to thwart Trump. Trumps polarizing nature revealed the real rifts and stances of way too many corporate wonks who had been lining their pockets, and in the case of the Bush family they were corporate America and still are, they aren't wonks.

Trump received more votes in 2020 than he did in 2016. The only difference was the illegal votes, and you are damned right it needs to be dealt with. But not looking backwards dooms us in the future.

We need to recognize why Trump got so many votes, and it wasn't because of corporate ass kissing! It's because he represented the lower middle class, the middle middle class and some of the upper middle class (unless they were aging hippie draft dodging Boomers who will always vote left). He had some corporate support but mostly from smaller corporations interested in what is happening in the American work place and not overseas. He didn't have the NAFTA crowd or Big Tech most of which own the media.

Here's why you need to look backwards. The Republican party has to hold the middle class, make improvements for the poor as Trump did, and help corporations to the point that they are not damaging the United State's security (as Big Tech has), undermined Americas infrastructure (as the globalists have seeking slave labor abroad), and conspired to gain a hegemony over an industry (as Big Pharma has).

Otherwise Hambone we are headed for a corporately bought Congress, and a PAC funded President, and oodles of Federally appointed judges who will be in the hip pocket of Corporate Conglomerates and what we will have is a democratic facade for a Fascist State.

There is no difference at all, other than label, between a corporately backed Democrat and a corporately backed Republican. If the money comes out of the same pocket they do the same bidding. This is the essence of "The Swamp" and those who want to forget Trump and move on are only serving the corporatist fascist agenda.

And that is the damned reality and why we don't need to forget why Trump won, who he represented, and why the Republican Party needs to clean the house of any remnant of the Bush administration. Every damned picture with H.W. or W and the Obamas and the Clintons should be seen by the public constantly as they the chumminess goes much deeper than the photos.

I voted for Trump, I wish his aids had smashed his cell phone so he couldn't tweet. I didn't like the Yankee Bronx bravado, but every New York politician has had it. It only becomes an issue when the left doesn't like the policies. From Koch to Cuomo they all are brash. Hillary was abrasive.

The corporate crowd doesn't give a damn about brashness. They control the spin and only use brashness as an issue when the policies are not favorable to them. Trump should have been smarter during the election but it is who he is. But, he has taught us some very good lessons and we had better heed them moving forward, so this shovel kitty litter and move on crap doesn't cut it with me. It's a recipe for leaving turds in place that should be scooped and tossed, and it's still a friggin swamp!
04-06-2021 12:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Deranged 60 Minutes Hit Piece on Ron DeSantis Gives the Game Away - JRsec - 04-06-2021 12:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.