Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Tahj Washington enters the transfer portal
Bookmark and Share
hartlessnhere Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
RE: Tahj Washington enters the transfer portal
(03-26-2021 10:48 PM)mapdude Wrote:  This is an interesting article.

I seem to recall some comments and discussions about the number of transfers, opt outs, etc. and could there be a possible connection with the new coaching staff. I am getting old and my memory is not what it used to be.

Is this the first glimpse of the smoking gun? What should be read into the comments from Coxie and other former players (according to the article, alleged to be true). Granted, this is one side of the story, from someone who most likely is somewhat biased in their assessment of the situation.

Is it worthy of being published in the local media? Is this just the beginning of a bigger story? Beats me...

Imma post an except from the article because it is subscriber only.

" He was supposed to form a dynamic trio with Calvin Austin III and tight end Sean Dykes this year. Instead, Washington is now in the transfer portal, having entered his name on Wednesday, March 24.

All of Tiger Nation had a similar reaction: “Why?”

The answer appears to be a fractured relationship with coach Ryan Silverfield.

“He just wanted to know what (Silverfield)'s plans were, what his goals were for Tahj,” Washington’s mother, Shanon Kuykendall, said this week. “He sat down with Silverfield and there was nothing promising. That made his decision for him. You can’t keep a child in a box.

“I just do have to applaud the rest of the staff because their thinking is totally different, but when the head coach has a different vision, (it’s tough).”

Subscriber link
Tahj was a good 2-star player for the Tigers who made Freshman All American because a QB name Brady was able to get the ball to him in Coach Silverfield's lead system. It sounds selfish to me, sometimes you need to count your blessings. Next man up, or did the next man take your spot?

You'll always have residual players dissatisfied with the new head coach's ways of handling things. The thing I see is if Coxie had never left would you have still had those numbers and your FAA title? I don't think so and you either would have been competing for your position or leaving anyway. I know this sounds harsh but sometimes the truth is a hard pill to swallow.
03-27-2021 04:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tahj Washington enters the transfer portal - hartlessnhere - 03-27-2021 04:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.