Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Transfer Portal Speculation, Rumors & Pipe Dreams Thread
pesik Offline
Legend

I Root For: Houston
RE: Transfer Portal Speculation, Rumors & Pipe Dreams Thread
(05-25-2021 11:15 AM)JFlight21 Wrote:  Pesik, i presume you included Jordan Walker's return as a reason why you are bullish on Tulane's talent. I haven't followed their offseason activity but how is the lead guard situation looking with his departure?

i was really high on them in huge part because of walker...walker was comfortable a top 3 pg in the conference (from what theyve proven).. and if davis/perry stay pro (both in the draft RN), tulane had a chance to have the best pg in the league

they probably went from having top 4 backcourt in the aac (in what they've proven) to having a lot of question marks.. could still have a unit but its less certain now.. they go from having one of the most "proven" backcourts to a "potentially" good back court like alot of others teams..

Tulane's guard situation (notable players)

- Walker - all conference caliber PG (transferred out)

- Jaylen Forbes - was all-conference as a true sophomore on his 1st year getting minutes, at 6'5 (was 4th in the league in scoring).. all-ready proven, with a insanely high cieling on how much better he could get (former top 100, bench on bama as fresh)

- DeVon Baker- (UNCA transfer) 2nd team all-big south-- 16pts per as fresh, 16pts as a soph, 13pt as a junior (only 8 games)

- Sion James- started as true fresh last season for Tulane- was a major defensive presence for them, not a major threat on offense

- Scott Spencer- (la salle transfer) a 6'6 wing who shot 44% from 3 his 2 years at la salle

- Jalen Cook- (LSU transfer) - doesn't look great on paper (3star, deep bench his 1 year at lsu) but one of my favorite transfers, i have him ranked low in the transfer rankings for objective reasons, but id have him way higher if i added some objectivity to it.... 2x Louisiana player o the year, averaged 30pts 5ast 5rbs, in both his junior/senior year of HS, insane stats in aau... flame thrower from 3, great defender.. would have been an elite recruit if he was taller...i think he'll shine when you put some minutes on him away from a stacked lsu team (im familiar because houston was recruiting him in HS)

they lost having a "proven" commodity with walker, but they could still be decent but have no certainties.. they need baker to have an easy transition to the aac, James need to make some kind of sophomore offensive jump...and Cook needs to live up to some of the hype ive put on him

note they have an open ship now..so hunter could bring someone in
(This post was last modified: 05-25-2021 08:28 PM by pesik.)
05-25-2021 12:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Transfer Portal Speculation, Rumors & Pipe Dreams Thread - pesik - 05-25-2021 12:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.