Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Transfer Portal Speculation, Rumors & Pipe Dreams Thread
stxrunner Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: Transfer Portal Speculation, Rumors & Pipe Dreams Thread
(04-23-2021 01:45 PM)pesik Wrote:  
(04-23-2021 01:31 PM)stxrunner Wrote:  UC isn't likely to be taking any more UNCG players. The commitments you've seen are Wes taking the best players that he had connections with prior. Considering he needed to fill 8ish spots without much time to do so, I don't blame him.

I don't know who you consider major, but i know there is mutual interest between UC and Tre Mitchell & Langston Wilson. We'll see where that goes. I've also heard that Wes met with CJ Frederick, but considering he's pretty much a UK lock, I don't think that means much.

you posting tre mitchell is a pipe dream, like pipe dream... he has had blue bloods on him for months... MONTHS.. he isnt picking cincy when he has title contenders on him like crazy... he is the most coveted in the portal.... okay, ill believe it when i see it

langston wilson also has 50+ offers, he would be a great add, but lets not make a 10pts per juco player into a program changer,..and ton of teams are after him... not calling this one a pipe dream (he might be looking for secured minutes)..but putting this in the unlikely pile

also "best players he had connections with"... Jarrett Hensley wasnt the best uncg player in the portal

Lol. Ok. So you are thinking UC was somehow going to fill 8 spots starting in mid April with program changers and all of a sudden be great next year? Maybe our expectations are misaligned. What did you expect them to do?

He took Koval because of the obvious need for a down low presence. He is a great fit to at least fill minutes at one spot for one year.

He took Hensley because he has the most upside of any young player on UNCG's roster with his decent rankings out of high school. He wasn't the best player in the portal for year 1, but he has future upside considering he has SOME pedigree. Struggling through freshman minutes in a COVID season behind an experienced roster isn't something I'm too concerned about.

Maybe Mitchell is a pipe dream. I'm posting guys where there was mutual interest. He's definitely a Top 10 (maybe 5) transfer, but he definitely isn't the most coveted in there. That would be Frederick. I like how you say tons of programs are after Wilson, but also are downplaying him. Which is it?

I think you truly don't understand the situation UC was in this year. I'm going to wait to see how our final spots fill out and reassess. Apparently your view is that UC could have gotten many high level players in the portal, but yet anytime there is a ton of interest in a prospect UC is on, he obviously is a pipe dream.
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2021 02:05 PM by stxrunner.)
04-23-2021 02:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Transfer Portal Speculation, Rumors & Pipe Dreams Thread - stxrunner - 04-23-2021 02:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.