Tigersmoke4 Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Transfer Portal Speculation, Rumors & Pipe Dreams Thread
(04-10-2021 03:18 PM)WhoseHouse? Wrote:  
(04-10-2021 03:58 AM)Fluke Wrote:  
(04-10-2021 01:59 AM)Tigersmoke4 Wrote:  
(04-09-2021 06:17 PM)TripleA Wrote:  
(04-09-2021 05:54 PM)oliveandblue Wrote:  Watch one of the Lawson brothers wind up at Tulane. FWIW, the one we got wasn't a bad player.

Dude was a bit of drama at Memphis. Left with a pic of him shooting us the bird. His family in Memphis is drama personified. Dad and uncle stay on local media all the time critiquing the program.

Away from Memphis, it's a different story.

KJ is actually the least talented of the 4. And at Tulane, he got all the minutes he wanted.

That's just not true. The Lawsons are a very intrinsic part of Memphis basketball. They have never been a burden to the community that they come from. Now where Triple A is from it my feel different, but he is arrogantly wrong as he'll. The Lawsons love Memphis and there's no way in hades that they are still loyal to Memphis without their community behind them. This may not be true for TripleA, but it's true.

Oh my god this dude has made his way from the tigers board to continue to defend keelon here. Have you not noticed you are the only person defending all the crap keelon and the uncle are always stirring in public? Do you want to have to deal with a father/uncle that’s going to go on the radio every time he is unhappy about something and start talking ****? And he will be unhappy because neither of his sons will be starting if they come here.

Just this week he was on there saying he “knew things he wasn’t supposed to about the memphis program” and “Penny is surrounded by butt kissers” amongst other things. He has been doing this for what 4-6 years now? Memphis’ own mini lavar ball. Yea we really need that drama. Not to mention then you know it’s probably going to also infect the locker room from his 2 kids. They aren’t talented enough to make it worth taking that chance IMO. If Penny does take them so be it, he knows better than me. But I see that as too many problems waiting to happen.

Oh god, this family is that bad?

No he's not. For some reason a certain segment of the Memphis community has made up some crazy monstrous version of Keelon Lawson that's neither factual nor reasonable and for some reason they have a lustful need to denigrate him at every turn. I have a good idea why but some of those same people that denigrate him are snowflakes and can't stand to face truth. The part of the Memphis community that I'm from loves and highly respect the Lawsons . The people that know him best have seen the difference that he's made in so many young men lives on and off the court and this is why Penny has never turned his back on the Lawson boys nor there dad Keelon. 04-cheers
04-10-2021 07:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Transfer Portal Speculation, Rumors & Pipe Dreams Thread - Tigersmoke4 - 04-10-2021 07:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.