Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UNSUBSTANTIED CHATTER: Charlotte and ODU to A10/Indy
Bogg Offline
All American

I Root For: UConn
RE: UNSUBSTANTIED CHATTER: Charlotte and ODU to A10/Indy
(03-08-2021 02:34 PM)Cyniclone Wrote:  1) If any conference was to expel a full member for moving their football out, it'd be the CAA. Northeastern and Hofstra are different because they shuttered their programs instead of moving them to someplace better. It's not quite the same, but CAA Football banned ODU from competing for its conference title and FCS autobid in their last season before beginning the FBS transition, even though there was nothing in their bylaws that compelled them to do so (the CAA does have that provision).

The important difference is that, in this theoretical, JMU wouldn't be altering their CAA membership at all, only CAAF. From the CAA side of things, it'd be nearly identical to the Northeastern/Hofstra situation.

(03-08-2021 02:34 PM)Cyniclone Wrote:  2) Hawaii and Navy are the only football affiliate members in G5, and they're both unique. A G5 conference would want the whole package, which in JMU's case is pretty impressive with good academics, strong Olympic sports and a shiny new basketball arena (don't tell the JMU jerks I said that). If the Sun Belt wanted them as an FB-only member, they would have offered that. CUSA doesn't need another program. And the MAC ran off UMass once Temple dipped. So staying in the CAA is almost certainly an all-or-nothing deal.

Unless I've misunderstood something, I thought this was specifically about a scenario where JMU were to move up as an independent. They would remain in the CAA for all sports but would be departing CAAF.
03-08-2021 02:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: UNSUBSTANTIED CHATTER: Charlotte and ODU to A10/Indy - Bogg - 03-08-2021 02:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.