Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UNSUBSTANTIED CHATTER: Charlotte and ODU to A10/Indy
Kit-Cat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Championships
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
RE: UNSUBSTANTIED CHATTER: Charlotte and ODU to A10/Indy
(02-06-2021 12:57 AM)UTEPDallas Wrote:  If C-USA is so weak then why is a school like Marshall losing games they're not supposed to lose?

That's the big elephant in the room. There's no school that's separating from the rest in football and basketball. A conference that has UTEP, UAB, Western Kentucky, Old Dominion and Charlotte has no excuses for being a one-bid league even if the rest suck. None. Merging with the Sun Belt, splitting, going independent and other proposals I see here will still not fix the #1 issue that has plagued C-USA since 2005: mediocrity. The WCC didn't stop Gonzaga from separating from the rest. The WAC and its $250k TV deal per school surely didn't stop Boise State in their BCS runs and multiple top 25 rankings. So stop with this C-USA is the reason why my school is mediocre bs.

All 14 schools are guilty of this. You want to complain? Look in the mirror. Your school is the reason C-USA or "C-DOA" (as I used to call it back in 2005) is in the shape it is. Yes, Old Dominion would rather be in the A-10 and UTEP would rather be in the MWC but at the end of the day, what do those schools offer to those conferences? The answer is not much.

I would argue that in FB at least both CUSA and the MAC are better than what this new A10 hybrid FB conference will be.

I just think both conferences have more depth. The CUSA 4 would be leaving behind UNT, LaTech, SoMiss and UAB. The MAC 4 would be leaving behind the Michigan schools. Go to a 8 or 10 team A10 FB conference would have less depth.

I can see why ODU and Charlotte would be desperate enough to want such an arrangement though because of travel.
02-06-2021 06:07 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: UNSUBSTANTIED CHATTER: Charlotte and ODU to A10/Indy - Kit-Cat - 02-06-2021 06:07 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.