Stammers Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
RE: "Rankings" thread for the season
(02-03-2021 02:54 AM)SeñorTiger Wrote:  
(02-03-2021 02:07 AM)Stammers Wrote:  
(02-02-2021 10:28 PM)SeñorTiger Wrote:  
(02-02-2021 10:14 PM)Stammers Wrote:  
(02-02-2021 10:00 PM)SeñorTiger Wrote:  Oh boy, drudge a past from weeks ago and apply to a statement today... Yes, that was a quote from weeks ago which is completely irrelevant to the comment I was responding to today. But yes, I am the one that lacks self awareness. Praise the Lord for the woke people such as you to shed the light for those of us walking around in the darkness...

Tiger87 said...
Quote:As much as fans like to give them, it's still too early for ultimatums. A few weeks ago, many here were saying "the only way we get a bid is to win the AAC tourney". That's obviously being proven as inaccurate

He was referring you saying exactly that...
Quote:At this point, our only road to the NCAA tournament is winning the conference tournament.

So your response to his statement about fans a few weeks ago, quoting you a few weeks ago is, wait for it...
Quote:Oh boy, drudge a past from weeks ago and apply to a statement today... Yes, that was a quote from weeks ago which is completely irrelevant to the comment I was responding to today.

You are literally trying to argue with yourself over something you said.

03-lmfao

No, you just lack the ability to follow a conversation. He quoted my statement about us needing to beat WSU and split with Houston. It appeared he thought I was stating that was the only way for us to get in (creating an ultimatum) so he then referenced the comments from a few weeks ago as evidence as to why I should not be creating an ultimatum today...

My response was that my comment he quoted (beat WSU and split with Houston) was not creating an ultimatum (this is our only path) but rather a scenario that I felt would guarantee us an at large bid.

As much fun as it is having to break down my conversation like I am talking to my toddler children I think I will just leave this one alone because this is a fruitless conversation.

It must be frustrating for the kids when you tell them something, then tell them something else...then deny that you said it in the first place. Even toddlers understand what is behind that. Apparently you don't.

You should leave it alone. You got caught red handed at mid court with your pants pulled down to your ankles.

What in the world are you talking about?

At what point did I deny saying something? When I said there was no ultimatum I was referring specifically to the post he quoted, not any post I had ever made in the history of me posting...

Yes, a few weeks ago I stated that I believed our only realistic path to an NCAA birth was by winning the conference tournament. I have no problem saying that. And quite frankly if we lose to anybody other than Houston from here on out it is still a very likely scenario. We have been playing far better recently which has opened up additional possibilities which is a good thing.

But I have no idea what you think you are proving or what you are even attempting to prove by taking an otherwise civil, on topic, conversation and distorting it by interjecting posts from weeks ago and derailing yet another thread with your incessant need to start arguments over irrelevant rubbish.

Buddy, it's simple. He said a few weeks ago our fans were saying that there was an ultimatum; we had to win the AAC tournament to get into the NCAA Tournament; which is exactly what you said a few weeks ago. I know that you are upset at it being pointed out, but it was the main point of your entire argument.

Your position went from us having no chance unless we won out, to now apparently that we can lose 3 games and still make it without winning the conference tournament.

You said it, he referred back to it; of course it is relevant.
02-03-2021 09:36 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
"Rankings" thread for the season - Tiger87 - 01-22-2021, 06:28 PM
RE: "Rankings" thread for the season - cmt - 01-26-2021, 09:33 AM
RE: "Rankings" thread for the season - Stammers - 02-03-2021 09:36 AM
RE: "Rankings" thread for the season - cmt - 02-02-2021, 05:38 PM
RE: "Rankings" thread for the season - JTS - 03-03-2021, 02:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.