Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Conference divisions, scheduling formats
Realignment Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: USC Trojans
RE: Conference divisions, scheduling formats
(01-12-2021 11:48 PM)Foreverandever Wrote:  
(01-12-2021 11:44 PM)CarlSmithCenter Wrote:  
(01-12-2021 06:39 PM)westwolf Wrote:  Any changes in the format of the major conferences or are they all going back to 2019 structure?

I assume it will go back to normal if full seasons can happen, though I’d rather see the SEC and ACC go division less with three permanent opponents and five of the other ten every other year. I also assume the AAC will need, and get, another waiver to play a CCG with only 11 schools (UConn left and then didn’t even play this fall).

The waiver is for two years and everyone was given a free pass this year. I am unsure if that will mean we get 2021 and 2022. However I think a rule change with a minimum number of games and a requirement that you play every school in conference once every so many years will happen, allowing for what you wanted. Such a set up would work well for the AAC. I like that better than the SEC set up since you play everyone home and home at least once every four years.

I suspect they'll make the AAC choose between 10 or 12 coming up once the waiver is over. I just don't know who they would pick for team 12. But who knows if the CFP goes to 8-teams, they may go back to requiring you needing 12 teams for a Conference Title game.
01-13-2021 03:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Conference divisions, scheduling formats - Realignment - 01-13-2021 03:04 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.