Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What’s the latest on the WMU color and logo rebrand
ktotten Offline
Banned

I Root For: WMU
RE: What’s the latest on the WMU color and logo rebrand
(10-31-2022 10:23 AM)BroncoMD Wrote:  
(10-30-2022 07:57 PM)HeatherF Wrote:  
(10-29-2022 02:57 PM)BroncoMD Wrote:  It appears we are at a stalemate between Athletics and Administration in regards to the rebrand. Athletics pretty much has rejected the Circle W and has been forced to use Proudfoot's ugly "Spirit Mark" -- the lesser of two evils, IMO. Yellow has been almost totally rejected in favor of brown and white. I guess I am fine with current athletic uniforms until we can bring back the previous bronco and Vegas gold. The last time I was at the WMU bookstore, it was completely dead -- and that was a football Saturday. Not a good sign for this administration.

Did the bookstore still have the sign up, quit asking about having any old gear in the back?

The new bronco head is what we are getting and athletics had to fight for that. If it was up to Proudfoot it would be Circle W's everywhere. He wanted it on the helmets. Remember Lawson's center ice last year? The old bronco isn't coming back. New signs are up at Waldo and Read and like BroncoMinor said it's being used on broadcasts and sports websites now. The athletic department is working on making it WMU's identity, whereas last year you'd watch a broadcast and get three different logos. All the sports teams are using it on their social media pages and it ends any video or message they put out. I'm obviously not a big fan of it, but this is the compromise we are getting from all the backlash. You can tell the new AD has a plan in place with new ideas for the department and the bronco head is the main focal point. He can only do so much with the current administration. Which is just a microcosm of what's going on through most departments at the University. Actual gold might get worked back in at some point, but for the most part WMU is white and brown w/yellow and gray accents. At least until the next rebrand.

Try the Spirit Shoppe next time. Since they make everything in house, they can be a little more creative with the colors.

Thanks for the information, Heather. I didn't notice a sign when I was there a few weeks ago. I will still contend that Proudfoot made things much worse. He simply could have left the Bronco head alone and most people would have been happy -- but here we are. I did try the Spirit Shoppe and there gear wasn't any better. There are places online where you can still get the old gear if you look hard enough. Anyhow, we have no plan going back to the bookstore until their product line improves.

Those sites selling old gear online are unreliable to say the least.
10-31-2022 10:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What’s the latest on the WMU color and logo rebrand - ktotten - 10-31-2022 10:29 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.